Old 07-26-2008, 11:48 AM
"jose manimala"

Default Back

Hey,
****** I have been inactive for sometime but I have been closely monitoring and reading up on the wiki and am willing to help with any project that is python related. So please let me know if something need be done.

regards
Jose M Manimala

Old 03-22-2010, 10:49 AM

Hi all,

Due to some personal issues and ISP swap I've been a bit more distant in the
past two weeks.
I'm back. Currently I'm working full time on my event, this goes through a lot,
making presentations, exploring new actions that can be done and eventually I'm
following Rodrigo's idea of establishing a national Fedora Community.

I've also worked a bit my wiki skills and during the next days I'm going to
finish the website for the event, get the domain running and sort some stuff
out. Once it's announced and on track, I'm planning to go full time on wiki and
deploy all the information on the swat. Within the next two months that's
something that needs to be finished.

Basically, I'm back

nelson

Old 03-22-2010, 11:49 AM
Mel Chua

> I'm back. Currently I'm working full time on my event, this goes through a lot,
> making presentations, exploring new actions that can be done and eventually I'm
> following Rodrigo's idea of establishing a national Fedora Community.

Thanks for keeping us in the loop, Nelson - I see you've also been
blogging, which is great. Is this something you'd like to bring up and
discuss at the next meeting (tomorrow), perhaps, so we can get a better
idea of how we might be able to help you?

> I've also worked a bit my wiki skills

Woo wiki skills!

> and during the next days I'm going to
> finish the website for the event, get the domain running and sort some stuff
> out.

Ok - depending on what you do, you may need to ask the Board for
trademark usage permission. There are details on
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legal/TrademarkGuidelines, and the most
relevant parts are probably
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legal/TrademarkGuidelines#Noncommercial_and_community_we b_sites
(for which you don't need permission) and
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legal/TrademarkGuidelines#Domain_names
(you can get a http://<location>.fedoraproject.org domain name).

Welcome back!

--Mel

Old 03-22-2010, 08:16 PM
Nelson Marques

On Mon, 2010-03-22 at 08:49 -0400, Mel Chua wrote:
> > I'm back. Currently I'm working full time on my event, this goes through a lot,
> > making presentations, exploring new actions that can be done and eventually I'm
> > following Rodrigo's idea of establishing a national Fedora Community.
>
> Thanks for keeping us in the loop, Nelson - I see you've also been
> blogging, which is great. Is this something you'd like to bring up and
> discuss at the next meeting (tomorrow), perhaps, so we can get a better
> idea of how we might be able to help you?

Not the right time yet. So far is just a possibility, once I have
something set on stone, thats one of the first things I'm planning to
do. The sad fact is that the Fedora Community isn't significative in
Portugal, which means "create a community" So it's within our field.

> > I've also worked a bit my wiki skills
>
> Woo wiki skills!
>
> > and during the next days I'm going to
> > finish the website for the event, get the domain running and sort some stuff
> > out.
>
> Ok - depending on what you do, you may need to ask the Board for
> trademark usage permission. There are details on
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legal/TrademarkGuidelines, and the most
> relevant parts are probably
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legal/TrademarkGuidelines#Noncommercial_and_community_we b_sites
> (for which you don't need permission) and
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legal/TrademarkGuidelines#Domain_names
> (you can get a http://<location>.fedoraproject.org domain name).

Too early to discuss that. First I want to ensure this space:
http://www.cineteatroestarreja.com/images/espacos/cine-teatro.jpg
http://mw2.google.com/mw-panoramio/photos/medium/2780415.jpg

Nothing makes much sense before assuring the primary need... space and
cookies.

nelson

--
Nelson Marques <07721@ipam.pt>

Old 01-02-2011, 04:25 AM
Stephen John Smoogen

I am back and starting to catch up with emails. I ended up with almost
0 internet access last week so thanks to those who covered and watched
ibiblio go up and down ( I was drawing talking with Crush the Turtle
at the time ).

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
battle." -- Ian MacLaren