Old 12-05-2007, 06:50 PM
Matt Domsch

Default Wanted: more Mirror Wranglers

It's been a little over a year since I claimed the self-appointed
title of Fedora Mirror Wrangler. I have received quite a few kudos for
doing it - and it's fun coordinating a few hundred mirrors, providing
the best download experience for a few hundred thousand users.

For the benefit of Fedora as a whole, I'd like additional people to
step up and become Mirror Wranglers too. Tasks include:

* understanding the database schema and code behind MirrorManager, and
being able to enhance it as necessary

* moderating new mirror requests

* moderating the mirror-list and mirror-list-d requests

* participating on these lists

* manually scrubbing the database occasionally (I added ~30 F8 mirrors
a few weeks ago where they were mirrors at some point, but hadn't
added themselves into MM, or had added themselves incorrectly).

Any volunteers?

Thanks,
Matt

--
Matt Domsch
linux.dell.com & www.dell.com/linux

Old 12-05-2007, 07:10 PM
Damian Myerscough

Hello,

It's been awhile since I manage to give a good contribution to the
fedora project, anyways I think I could help with this as I am getting a
little more time now to contribute to the Fedora Project.

On Wed, 2007-12-05 at 13:50 -0600, Matt Domsch wrote:
> It's been a little over a year since I claimed the self-appointed
> title of Fedora Mirror Wrangler. I have received quite a few kudos for
> doing it - and it's fun coordinating a few hundred mirrors, providing
> the best download experience for a few hundred thousand users.
>
> For the benefit of Fedora as a whole, I'd like additional people to
> step up and become Mirror Wranglers too. Tasks include:
>
> * understanding the database schema and code behind MirrorManager, and
> being able to enhance it as necessary
>
> * moderating new mirror requests
>
> * moderating the mirror-list and mirror-list-d requests
>
> * participating on these lists
>
> * manually scrubbing the database occasionally (I added ~30 F8 mirrors
> a few weeks ago where they were mirrors at some point, but hadn't
> added themselves into MM, or had added themselves incorrectly).
>

> Any volunteers?
>
> Thanks,
> Matt

Damian Myerscough

Old 12-05-2007, 10:14 PM
Matt Domsch

On Wed, Dec 05, 2007 at 09:10:11PM +0100, Damian Myerscough wrote:
> Hello,
>
> It's been awhile since I manage to give a good contribution to the
> fedora project, anyways I think I could help with this as I am getting a
> little more time now to contribute to the Fedora Project.

fantastic! I've received a few offers. I'm going to let the request
sit out there for a few days, then start coordinating the volunteers.

Thanks,
Matt

Old 12-06-2007, 12:30 AM
Andreas Kupfer

On Wed, 5 Dec 2007 13:50:22 -0600
Matt Domsch <Matt_Domsch@dell.com> wrote:

> * understanding the database schema and code behind MirrorManager, and
> being able to enhance it as necessary
>
> * moderating new mirror requests
>
> * moderating the mirror-list and mirror-list-d requests
>
> * participating on these lists
>
> * manually scrubbing the database occasionally (I added ~30 F8 mirrors
> a few weeks ago where they were mirrors at some point, but hadn't
> added themselves into MM, or had added themselves incorrectly).
>

> Any volunteers?

I'm not that good in Python, but I could certainly help with the other
stuff.

Yours,

Andreas aka ScottyTM
--
The figures looked more or less human. And they were engaged in religion.
You could tell by the knives (it's not murder if you do it for a god).