Old 07-06-2008, 10:15 PM
"Klaus P. Schreyack"

Default Introduction: Kschreyack

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. My name is Klaus Schreyack. I'm 40 years old and I'm a Systems Administrator who works for a financial services company in Los Angeles. I've been working seriously with Linux since 2004. I have my RHCT for v5, an MCSE 2003 Certificate, and I'm working towards my RHCE. Over the last two years my interest has focused on Open Source solutions, from which I seem to derive the most satisfaction.

I am skilled with the common tcp applications and work with CentOS and RHEL, supporting 70+ servers. I'm also familiar with GWOS, having set it up for my company a few weeks ago. After reviewing the FIG's I have an interest in sysadmin-hosted and sysadmin-noc, but I'm willing to help out anywhere I can.

Well, that's it. I'm going to hang out in the meeting on Thursdays to get a feel for things. Look forward to seeing you all then. Thanks.

Sincerely,

Klaus P. Schreyack
Systems Administrator
RHCT5 MCSE 2003 A+ Certified
klaus@myexpertise.net

Old 07-07-2008, 04:02 AM
Mike McGrath

On Sun, 6 Jul 2008, Klaus P. Schreyack wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. My name is Klaus Schreyack. I'm 40 years old and I'm a Systems Administrator who works for a financial services company in Los Angeles. I've been working seriously with Linux since 2004. I have my RHCT for v5, an MCSE 2003 Certificate, and I'm working towards my RHCE. Over the last two years my interest has focused on Open Source solutions, from which I seem to derive the most satisfaction.
>
> I am skilled with the common tcp applications and work with CentOS and RHEL, supporting 70+ servers. I'm also familiar with GWOS, having set it up for my company a few weeks ago. After reviewing the FIG's I have an interest in sysadmin-hosted and sysadmin-noc, but I'm willing to help out anywhere I can.
>
> Well, that's it. I'm going to hang out in the meeting on Thursdays to get a feel for things. Look forward to seeing you all then. Thanks.

Excellent, we hang out in #fedora-admin on irc.freenode.net most of the
time. But the meetings are in #fedora-meeting. When we do a check to see
who's there at the start of each meeting, speak up!

-Mike