Old 07-06-2008, 04:11 AM
Alex Shepard

Default intro

Hi all,

My name is Alex Shepard. I've been lurking for a few weeks, but I'd
like to pitch in and help out if I can find something to work on.

I'm 33, work for a startup called Eye-Fi ih the US (in the bay area),
doing systems infrastructure and development. I'm pretty good at
generic linux web sysadmin stuff, network engineering, systems
monitoring (esp nagios & cacti). I'm also a halfway decent coder...
I'm pretty good with perl, php, java, javascript, and can read c and
variants and python.

I wouldn't mind helping out really anywhere. My strengths are
probably in web/hosted/tools/devel, but if I had to pick I'm mostly
curious about how the FC team manages releases, so sysadmin-releng and
sysadmin-build sound like fun.

I'll try to drop in at the next irc meeting and say hi.

Cheers!
-alex

Old 07-06-2008, 03:42 PM
Mike McGrath

On Sat, 5 Jul 2008, Alex Shepard wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> My name is Alex Shepard. I've been lurking for a few weeks, but I'd like to
> pitch in and help out if I can find something to work on.
>
> I'm 33, work for a startup called Eye-Fi ih the US (in the bay area), doing
> systems infrastructure and development. I'm pretty good at generic linux web
> sysadmin stuff, network engineering, systems monitoring (esp nagios & cacti).
> I'm also a halfway decent coder... I'm pretty good with perl, php, java,
> javascript, and can read c and variants and python.
>
> I wouldn't mind helping out really anywhere. My strengths are probably in
> web/hosted/tools/devel, but if I had to pick I'm mostly curious about how the
> FC team manages releases, so sysadmin-releng and sysadmin-build sound like
> fun.

Excellent, the release engineering team is a separate team but there's a
lot of overlap between the two of us, we often work very close together.
They have meetings on Mondays -

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Meetings

Take a look, I'm sure they'd be happy to have you as part of the team.

-Mike

Old 07-20-2008, 07:47 AM
"Ashok Gautham"

My name is Ashok Gautham. I prefer the nick ScriptDevil

I am a UG student in India. I can work with Gimp. I am learning blender at the moment. But it may take quite some time. I have been using gnu/linux for around 4 years now. My primary distros are Archlinux and Fedora. I designed an artwork for xubuntu's hardy heron release. but it wasnt approved because it was too big for the page

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11023958@N08/2419085144/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/11023958@N08/2419769741/sizes/o/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11023958@N08/2419085144/sizes/o/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/11023958@N08/2418002154/

I am willing to contribute to fedora. I am more than happy to be of help
*

-

ScriptDevil

Old 07-21-2008, 09:29 AM
Nicu Buculei

Ashok Gautham wrote:

My name is Ashok Gautham. I prefer the nick ScriptDevil

Hi and welcome!

I am a UG student in India. I can work with Gimp. I am learning blender
at the moment. But it may take quite some time. I have been using

We can use some Blender expertise and GIMP is always useful.

gnu/linux for around 4 years now. My primary distros are Archlinux and
Fedora. I designed an artwork for xubuntu's hardy heron release. but it

And you still wanted to contribute to Ubuntu despite not being the
distribution you use the most?

wasnt approved because it was too big for the page
http://www.flickr.com/photos/11023958@N08/2419085144/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/11023958@N08/2419769741/sizes/o/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/11023958@N08/2419085144/sizes/o/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/11023958@N08/2418002154/

Maybe they had some other concerns, like they looked for a different
style or maybe have not liked the graphics enough?

I am willing to contribute to fedora. I am more than happy to be of help

Have a look at our open requests queue and see if you find there
something you'd like to work on:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/DesignService.

Old 07-21-2008, 03:17 PM
"Ashok Gautham"

And you still wanted to contribute to Ubuntu despite not being the distribution you use the most?
At that point of time I was trying out xubuntu on another computer. So i wanted to contribute

wasnt approved because it was too big for the page

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11023958@N08/2419085144/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11023958@N08/2419769741/sizes/o/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11023958@N08/2419085144/sizes/o/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11023958@N08/2418002154/

Maybe they had some other concerns, like they looked for a different style or maybe have not liked the graphics enough?vincent, who handles the site told me that it was too big for the page. And yeah... I agree there was a lil too much of graphic content in it

Thanks :

btw... how do I get myself approved in the artwork group?

ScriptDevil

Old 07-21-2008, 03:29 PM
Nicu Buculei

Ashok Gautham wrote:

btw... how do I get myself approved in the artwork group?

Complete a request from the DesignService queue (I linked to it in my
(usually I send an email about that but here I used your introduction to
the list to talk about that).

Note that membership is the FAS group is not a requirement to be part of
the team, it only formalize it a bit.

Old 07-21-2008, 03:32 PM
Nicu Buculei

Nicu Buculei wrote:

Ashok Gautham wrote:

btw... how do I get myself approved in the artwork group?

Complete a request from the DesignService queue (I linked to it in my

Uh... lame reply to myself: or create any other useful/quality graphic
for Fedora, it may be an Echo icon or anything else, even something
informal.

Old 07-28-2008, 05:39 PM
"Neo Reeves"

Hello everyone,

My name is Mohamed Sameeh and I am one of the Fedora Ambassadors for Maldives. I've been in the Linux World Since Redhat 9 and I've been in the field of IT for over 5 years now. During the course I have administered Linux Mail Servers, High Traffic Web Severs with MySQL and Oracle back ends, Linux NAT Firewall/Routers. I have a good undersatanding of Internet and Networking along with a handful of programming skills.

I am CompTIA Network+ and CCNA certified. And I currently work for the government of Maldives.

I have programming skills in PHP, Perl, C and Shell Scripts. Here are links to some of the scripts that I have written:

A simple script I wrote to backup a NAT/Firewall - http://blog.fourthirty.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/bacup.pl
Another script I wrote to get a dump of my telephone companies phone records from their website - http://blog.fourthirty.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/edir.pl

I am fairly good with Visual Basic too in case some programming for Mono is needed.

I often program small scripts for the servers I manage to perform specific tasks. But I don't think that I am a pro at Programming or a master in System Administration. But I would like to offer all help I could to the Fedora Project as time and my knowledge permits me. I am eager to learn and is always working on ways to improve my various skills in the IT field. So if any of you think that I could be of assistance to you please let me know. It would be an honor to give my best input in it.

Thnx,
Sameeh

Old 07-28-2008, 08:54 PM
Mike McGrath

On Mon, 28 Jul 2008, Neo Reeves wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> My name is Mohamed Sameeh and I am one of the Fedora Ambassadors for Maldives. I've been in the Linux World Since
> Redhat 9 and I've been in the field of IT for over 5 years now. During the course I have administered Linux Mail
> Servers, High Traffic Web Severs with MySQL and Oracle back ends, Linux NAT Firewall/Routers. I have a good
> undersatanding of Internet and Networking along with a handful of programming skills.
>
> I am CompTIA Network+ and CCNA certified. And I currently work for the government of Maldives.
>
> I have programming skills in PHP, Perl, C and Shell Scripts. Here are links to some of the scripts that I have
> written:
>
> A simple script I wrote to backup a NAT/Firewall - http://blog.fourthirty.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/bacup.pl
> Another script I wrote to get a dump of my telephone companies phone records from their website -
> http://blog.fourthirty.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/edir.pl
>
> I am fairly good with Visual Basic too in case some programming for Mono is needed.
>
> I often program small scripts for the servers I manage to perform specific tasks. But I don't think that I am a pro at
> Programming or a master in System Administration. But I would like to offer all help I could to the Fedora Project as
> time and my knowledge permits me. I am eager to learn and is always working on ways to improve my various skills in
> the IT field. So if any of you think that I could be of assistance to you please let me know. It would be an honor to
> give my best input in it.

Welcome Neo, is there a specific area you were interested in? Just the
Infrastructure team in general or in programming, documentation, etc?

-Mike

Old 07-29-2008, 06:16 AM
"Neo Reeves"

Thanks Mike, actually I am interested in programming but I have no idea whether my current level of programming skills would be of much help for the current developers involved.

- Neo

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 1:54 AM, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath@redhat.com> wrote:

On Mon, 28 Jul 2008, Neo Reeves wrote:

> Hello everyone,

> My name is Mohamed Sameeh and I am one of the Fedora Ambassadors for Maldives. I've been in the Linux World Since

> Redhat 9 and I've been in the field of IT for over 5 years now. During the course I have administered Linux Mail

> Servers, High Traffic Web Severs with MySQL and Oracle back ends, Linux NAT Firewall/Routers. I have a good

> undersatanding of Internet and Networking along with a handful of programming skills.

> I am CompTIA Network+ and CCNA certified. And I currently work for the government of Maldives.

> I have programming skills in PHP, Perl, C and Shell Scripts. Here are links to some of the scripts that I have

> written:

> A simple script I wrote to backup a NAT/Firewall - http://blog.fourthirty.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/bacup.pl

> Another script I wrote to get a dump of my telephone companies phone records from their website -

> http://blog.fourthirty.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/edir.pl

> I am fairly good with Visual Basic too in case some programming for Mono is needed.

> I often program small scripts for the servers I manage to perform specific tasks. But I don't think that I am a pro at

> Programming or a master in System Administration. But I would like to offer all help I could to the Fedora Project as

> time and my knowledge permits me. I am eager to learn and is always working on ways to improve my various skills in

> the IT field. So if any of you think that I could be of assistance to you please let me know. It would be an honor to

> give my best input in it.

Welcome Neo, is there a specific area you were interested in? *Just the

Infrastructure team in general or in programming, documentation, etc?

* * * *-Mike

.:: BELIEVE THE UNBELIEVABLE ::.