HomeDistributionsSecurityCryptographyGamesFAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2009, 07:55 PM
Rahul Sundaram

Default Intro

On 11/28/2009 02:26 AM, John Stanton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I always suck at these things, but here goes.
>
> I have been using Fedora for the past year and am loving it. I am
> looking to gain more experience and skills. Also I am wanting to
> contribute however I can to the fedora project.
>
> I can also contribute 20gb of space and around 900GB to 1000GB of
> bandwidth per month.

Quick question: Have you consider setting your system as a Fedora mirror?

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/Mirroring

Rahul

Old 11-27-2009, 07:56 PM
John Stanton

Hi,

I always suck at these things, but here goes.

I have been using Fedora for the past year and am loving it. I am
looking to gain more experience and skills. Also I am wanting to
contribute however I can to the fedora project.

I can also contribute 20gb of space and around 900GB to 1000GB of
bandwidth per month.

Skills/Experience:

System Administration:

* RHCE Certified, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Fedora, Ubuntu.

Development:

* Perl, Shell scripting, Very little Python(Looking to learn).

Networking:

* TCP/IP in both Internet and LAN related aspects.
* DNS, Apache, NFS.

TRAINING/CERTIFICATION:

* Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) #805009697437335.
* RH300 Red Hat Linux Networking and Security Administration.
* Red Hat Certified Technician (RHCT) #605008014222023.
* RH133 Red Hat Linux System Administration.
* ITIL V3 Certificate.
* ITIL V3 Foundations Challenge Course.
* Perl Programming.
* CompTIA Security+, Network+, A+.
* Microsoft MCP (Windows XP).

If anyone wants to know more about me or my experience just ask.

John

Old 12-04-2009, 01:14 AM
John Stanton

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply, No I have never thought about that. I will
take a look at the link.

Thanks,

John Stanton, RHCE
john@stantonnet.org

Old 07-27-2010, 11:04 PM
todd thiner

hey guys i took art in high school for three years and have done some
tinkering with photoshop and stuff and would really like to work with
fedora and create wallpapers and do some themes for fedora and whatever
else with the design team

Old 07-28-2010, 12:01 AM
Chris Jones

On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 9:04 AM, todd thiner <funkytoad57_9@msn.com> wrote:

> *hey guys i took art in high school for three years and have done some
> tinkering with photoshop and stuff and would really like to work with
> fedora and create wallpapers and do some themes for fedora and whatever
> else with the design team

Great to have another member on board. Welcome. But you do realize
that Photoshop is not supported on Linux and you will be using The
Gimp as its alternative/replacement?

Cheers.

--
http://home.comcen.com.au/foxmulder881/signature/details.html

Old 07-28-2010, 12:06 AM
todd thiner

yes i do but gimp is not that far off from photoshop and shouldn't be
to hard to learn meaning gimp i am a noob with some small design and
html knowledge

Old 07-28-2010, 12:32 AM
Chris Jones

On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 10:06 AM, todd thiner <funkytoad57_9@msn.com> wrote:

> *yes i do but gimp is not that far off from photoshop and shouldn't be
> to hard to learn meaning gimp i am a noob with some small design and
> html knowledge

No worries. I thought you may have been wanting to stick with The Gimp.

I also came from a PS background. And when you have a basic
understanding of PS you'll be fine learning TG.
I hope it all works out for you and great to have you on board. ;-)

Regards

--
http://home.comcen.com.au/foxmulder881/signature/details.html

Old 07-28-2010, 06:41 AM
Nicu Buculei

On 07/28/2010 03:06 AM, todd thiner wrote:

> yes i do but gimp is not that far off from photoshop and shouldn't be
> to hard to learn meaning gimp i am a noob with some small design and
> html knowledge

Have any graphics to share?

We prefer using GIMP and Inkscape because to work together as a team we
need access to the sources and as the majority ot the team is creating
the artwork for Fedora using Fedora, this means open format which we can
use (practically .xcf for raster images and .svg for vector images).

Old 03-15-2011, 05:12 AM
Marco Grigull

Dear infra team,

I am based in Brisbane, Australia and spend most of my time extending
and looking after engineering resources.

I have some experience with templating tool cfengine (and some exposure
to puppet) and nagios. I would like to help out with establishing
localised resources for existing content and to keep core systems running.

I look forward to participating and helping to cover during the
Autralasian-Pacific hours.

Regards,
Marco
irc: ciphernaut

Old 03-15-2011, 02:52 PM
Kevin Fenzi

On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 16:12:44 +1000
Marco Grigull <mgrigull@redhat.com> wrote:

> Dear infra team,
>
> I am based in Brisbane, Australia and spend most of my time extending
> and looking after engineering resources.
>
> I have some experience with templating tool cfengine (and some
> exposure to puppet) and nagios. I would like to help out with
> establishing localised resources for existing content and to keep
> core systems running.
>
> I look forward to participating and helping to cover during the
> Autralasian-Pacific hours.

Welcome!

Take a look at our
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/GettingStarted
page, introduce yourself in #fedora-admin and if you can make our
weekly meeting, say hi there (Might not be a good time for you there
though).

kevin
(nirik on irc)