HomeDistributionsSecurityCryptographyGamesFAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2008, 01:30 PM
Mike McGrath

Default Intro

On Tue, 29 Jul 2008, Neo Reeves wrote:

> Thanks Mike, actually I am interested in programming but I have no idea whether my current level of programming skills
> would be of much help for the current developers involved.

Well I'd say start looking at bugs for some of your favorite apps and get
to submitting patches. There's almost certainly some simple bugs out
there just waiting so you can get comfortable with the process. Then you
can challenge yourself with more difficult bugs.

-Mike

Old 07-29-2008, 02:25 PM
"Neo Reeves"

Thnx, Will do.

-Neo

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 6:30 PM, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath@redhat.com> wrote:

On Tue, 29 Jul 2008, Neo Reeves wrote:

> Thanks Mike, actually I am interested in programming but I have no idea whether my current level of programming skills

> would be of much help for the current developers involved.

Well I'd say start looking at bugs for some of your favorite apps and get

to submitting patches. *There's almost certainly some simple bugs out

there just waiting so you can get comfortable with the process. *Then you

can challenge yourself with more difficult bugs.

* * * *-Mike

.:: BELIEVE THE UNBELIEVABLE ::.

Old 07-31-2008, 02:38 PM
John Anderson

Hello all,

I'd like to introduce myself to the list and I'd be very interested in
helping out some.

My name is John Anderson, and I am the network admin at a small biotech
in Wisconsin. We're primarily a CentOS shop in the server room, with a
few OpenBSD boxes, and Fedora on the workstations.

I migrated our Nagios to Zenoss last year, and currently maintain our
Zenoss monitoring. I see that could be a current project for you, and
I'd be very interested in that.

Other things I've done or are familiar with:

* Very familiar with cluster suite, I've built quite a few HA clusters
on it in the last year, mostly apache, mysql and tomcat
* Installed spacewalk here, using that to manage our Centos updates
* I manage our Zimbra mail server, pretty familiar with postfix and
sendmail
* I've done some xen, some esx
* lots of mysql, a very small bit of oracle
* I can script well in PHP, Python, some perl

I've also been trying to do a little packaging as well.

I'm currently mcgarnicle on freenode, I'm hoping to lurk in your meeting
today.

Anyhow thanks for listening and I'd love to give a hand somewhere.

John

Old 07-31-2008, 02:47 PM
Mike McGrath

On Thu, 31 Jul 2008, John Anderson wrote:

> I've also been trying to do a little packaging as well.
>
> I'm currently mcgarnicle on freenode, I'm hoping to lurk in your meeting
> today.

heh, welcome mcgarnicle. Do you happen to have much experience with
heartbeat?

-Mike

Old 07-31-2008, 02:54 PM
John Anderson

On Thu, 2008-07-31 at 09:47 -0500, Mike McGrath wrote:
> On Thu, 31 Jul 2008, John Anderson wrote:
> >
> > I've also been trying to do a little packaging as well.
> >
> > I'm currently mcgarnicle on freenode, I'm hoping to lurk in your meeting
> > today.
> >

> heh, welcome mcgarnicle. Do you happen to have much experience with
> heartbeat?
>
> -Mike

I've done apache and tomcat HA using heartbeat with the old style config
a little while back. I haven't used the newer XML one yet.

John

Old 08-13-2008, 08:53 PM
fisix

Hi im 23 and i have bee using fedora for some time and i thought it was
about time i put something back into the project.
Im here to learn and develop my skills.
My area is Abstract art and photography ,ive got a page here
http://www.fisix.deviantart.com but this page does not contain any of my
most recent work.
Attached is a wallpaper i knocked up just for this into and seems
appropriate for this occasion.
Look forward to working with you all

Old 08-14-2008, 12:38 PM
Nicu Buculei

fisix wrote:

Hi im 23 and i have bee using fedora for some time and i thought it was
about time i put something back into the project.

Hi,

Im here to learn and develop my skills.
My area is Abstract art and photography ,ive got a page here
http://www.fisix.deviantart.com but this page does not contain any of my
most recent work.

As you probably know, our desktop graphics tend to be abstract. And we
recently started a gallery for additional photographic wallpapers:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/Wallpaper_Extras

Attached is a wallpaper i knocked up just for this into and seems
appropriate for this occasion.

This is an interesting concept and I can see how it can be turned into a
Fedora-related metaphor.

However, there are a couple of things about it: first, we try to *not*
include the logo in wallpapers, keep them very light on branding to
encourage reuse. And the second thing is also logo related: it you used
it anyway, try to integrate it in the image, such a big white
contrasting rectangle is not good for usability: it will attract the
viewer's attention (a good wallpaper don't do this).

Look forward to working with you all

Welcome!

Old 08-14-2008, 12:43 PM
"Marķa Leandro"

I really really like this concept.

Great job!

[...]

tatica
Maria Gracia Leandro
http://www.tatica.org
http://www.iseit.net
http://www.latinux.org

http://www.latinux.com
http://www.fedora-ve.org
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MariaLeandro

LinuxUser= 440285
GPG Public Key: E1CDCC56
"Be yourself... Don't be anyone else"

Old 08-14-2008, 01:08 PM
Nicu Buculei

Marķa Leandro wrote:

I really really like this concept.

Yeah, with the mention that we to not take new concepts for F10.
To me this road fading into the horizon can be related with the F8
"Infinity" metaphor.

Old 08-14-2008, 03:43 PM
VaraPrasad Pepakayala

fisix wrote:

Hi im 23 and i have bee using fedora for some time and i thought it was

Hi Welcome to Fedora-Art-List. You can Call me Dreko. and your
Wallpaper is cool. You have a lot of scope to learn and implement with
this team to develop fedora.

about time i put something back into the project.
Im here to learn and develop my skills.
My area is Abstract art and photography ,ive got a page here
http://www.fisix.deviantart.com but this page does not contain any of my
most recent work.
Attached is a wallpaper i knocked up just for this into and seems
appropriate for this occasion.
Look forward to working with you all

All the Best... ! F10 is Gearing-up. So Lets start up and catch
the Run...

Dreko