Old 06-30-2008, 09:18 PM
Robin Norwood

Default Advice on deploying wsgi app using jsonfas

Hi,

So I'm working to get amber packaged and deployable as a wsgi app so I
can run a demo on publictest10. I've made pretty fair progress getting
things up and running (on my local system first to make sure it works),
but I've run into an issue.

For the setup, I'm basically ripping off the way Ricky Zhou set up fas
wholesale. I have an amber.conf file in /etc/httpd/conf.d, which
refers to an amber.wsgi file. All of that seems to work fine. The
problem happens when I try to connect. I get a 500 error with the
following in httpd's error log:

Unable to write to session file /var/www/.fedora_session: [Errno 13]
Permission denied: '/var/www/.fedora_session'

Well, it turns out that this is because my app is using jsonfas, which
uses fedora.client.BaseClient. In fedora/client/__init__.py, I find:

SESSION_FILE = path.join(path.expanduser('~'), '.fedora_session')

Which explains the error - my app is running under apache, and
while /var/www is apache's homedir, apache can't write to that
directory.

So, as anyone else worked around this with another turbogears app
running under wsgi and using jsonfas? Since turbogears and fas are
both pretty common, it seems likely that someone here has already dealt
with this.

Thanks,

-RN

--