Old 06-28-2008, 09:32 PM
Robin Norwood

Default Request for hosting resource

Hi,

I've been working (with lots of help from Toshio and Luke) on the
Amber project (Fedora Application Database) for a few weeks now, and I'm
getting perilously close to the point where it would be useful to have
a public place to host a proof-of-concept style demo site. It is a
turbogears app (with sqlalchemy, genshi and (soon) postresql). Does
the fedora infrastructure group have resources for this kind of thing?
IOW, is there a spare F9 box or virtual instance I can borrow, along
the same lines as publictest10?

Thanks,

-RN

--
Robin Norwood
Red Hat, Inc.

-Lao Tzu, Te Tao Ching

Old 06-28-2008, 11:47 PM
Mike McGrath

On Sat, 28 Jun 2008, Robin Norwood wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been working (with lots of help from Toshio and Luke) on the
> Amber project (Fedora Application Database) for a few weeks now, and I'm
> getting perilously close to the point where it would be useful to have
> a public place to host a proof-of-concept style demo site. It is a
> turbogears app (with sqlalchemy, genshi and (soon) postresql). Does
> the fedora infrastructure group have resources for this kind of thing?
> IOW, is there a spare F9 box or virtual instance I can borrow, along
> the same lines as publictest10?

We can get one setup for you, stick the requirements in a fedorahosted
ticket:

https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ We'll get something up
and going. Is there some reason you can't just use publictest10?

-Mike

Old 06-29-2008, 12:28 AM
Robin Norwood

On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 18:47:51 -0500 (CDT)
Mike McGrath <mmcgrath@redhat.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 28 Jun 2008, Robin Norwood wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've been working (with lots of help from Toshio and Luke) on the
> > Amber project (Fedora Application Database) for a few weeks now,
> > and I'm getting perilously close to the point where it would be
> > useful to have a public place to host a proof-of-concept style demo
> > site. It is a turbogears app (with sqlalchemy, genshi and (soon)
> > postresql). Does the fedora infrastructure group have resources
> > for this kind of thing? IOW, is there a spare F9 box or virtual
> > instance I can borrow, along the same lines as publictest10?
> >

> We can get one setup for you, stick the requirements in a fedorahosted
> ticket:
>
> https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ We'll get something
> up and going. Is there some reason you can't just use publictest10?

I don't know, it might be perfectly suitable. I don't have access to
it, though. I need a F9 box with git, turbogears, sqlalchemy, genshi,
postres, python-docutils, python-amara, python-cpio,
python-fedora...and possibly other things I'm missing.

Here's the ticket:

Heh. Lucky ticket ID there. You'd think I were writing this in java,
or something.

Thanks,

-RN

--