Old 06-15-2008, 06:00 AM
"魏仁言"

Default Why no people uses Ruby to write the Script !

Hello,all:
Why no people uses
Ruby to write the Script ! In FI,we write script in use Python,Perl ,Shell etc.
I think its is power like Perl in Sysadmin.*
****The
Ruby creator says "I wanted a scripting language that was more powerful than
Perl, and more object-oriented than Python."** I suggest someone to
learn Ruby!It is really very good!

*

*仁言
2008-06-15

Old 06-15-2008, 07:24 AM
Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams

On Sun, 2008-06-15 at 14:00 +0800, *仁言 wrote:
> Hello,all:
> Why no people uses Ruby to write the Script ! In FI,we write script in
> use Python,Perl ,Shell etc. I think its is power like Perl in
> Sysadmin.
> The Ruby creator says "I wanted a scripting language that was more
> powerful than Perl, and more object-oriented than Python." I suggest
> someone to learn Ruby!It is really very good!

Ruby is a language that has Perl's syntax and Python's power. That is to
say, it's truly only useful to Perl programmers that want more powerful
OOP than they've had in the past. But for writing code that needs to be
maintained by humans, it's hard to beat Python.