Old 06-04-2008, 12:53 AM
David Cantrell

Default remove rhpl.getArch() calls

Attached are my patches to remove rhpl.getArch() calls and use new
functions in iutil. Notes:

1) The new functions are at the end of iutil.py

2) isX86() returns true for 32-bit and 64-bit x86 processors, but you
can pass bits=[32|64] to test just one subset (this is used in getArch
further down).

2.5) The getArch() function returns a string naming the processor we
are on (but sanitized to match names we need during installation, e.g.
all 32-bit x86 processors are called 'i386', all 64-bit x86 processors
are called 'x86_64', all ppc processors are called 'ppc', and so on
like we use during installation), whereas the isArch() functions just
return true or false if the processor is in that arch family.

3) The iutil.getPPCMachine() function grew a chunk of code because it
was calling another function in rhpl. I just merged it with
getPPCMachine() in iutil.py.

4) Almost all uses of rhpl.getArch() throughout anaconda are to test
to see if we are on s390 or not and do something special. IBM, I hope
you're reading this because the next time you tell me that the s390
platform is some sort of standard, I'm referring to these patches.

5) There are two uses of rhpl.arch.canonArch, one in iutil.py and one
in upgrade.py. Didn't touch do anything about that code in these
patches. Maybe later.

6) Defined an isSparc() and isAlpha() since we have those in rhpl and
use them in anaconda.

?'s

--
David Cantrell <dcantrell@redhat.com>