python-fedora: Refactoring of variable and parameter names
With some prompting from lmacken, I've just committed the attached patch
to python-fedora-devel. This brings the names of variables used in
python-fedora into conformance with PEP8. However, it does cause
breakage in public instance and class variables as well as the parameter
names. Since this is destined for 0.3 which has incompatible changes,
this is the time for these changes.
If this is considered too much of a problem to port apps to for a
cosmetic change, please holler now so we can revert before too many
other changes accumulate on top of this.
Also note, I've started compiling a list of incompatibilities between
0.2.99.11.1 and what will be 0.3. These are listed below and will be
replicated in the NEWS file shortly.
* Removal of camelCase. Rename keyword arguments and public instance
*Note* that changes to this class propogate out to the same variable in
derived classes like fas2.AccountSystem and the BaseClient used in
* __init__(): baseURL => base_url
* _sessionCookie => _session_cookie: this is a private variable but
users use this anyway. For users needing to access this, there's now
a more appropriate class for doing so (ProxyClass).
* group_by_id(): groupId => group_id
* person_by_id(): personId => person_id
* All widgets had widgetId => widget_id
* Also means accessing the variable is done via self.widget_id
* self.jsonProps => self.json_props
* BaseClient.send_request() has keyword argument input renamed to req_params
* Restructuring of Exceptions in BaseClient
* New base exception is FedoraServiceError if you want to catch that.
* Rename accounts.fas2.AccountSystem.authenticate() to verify_password()
Fedora-infrastructure-list mailing list