-   Fedora Games (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-games/)
-   -   Making sure all games are in comps (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-games/6553-making-sure-all-games-comps.html)

Hans de Goede 11-27-2007 06:58 PM

Making sure all games are in comps

Hi All,

To make sure all games we've worked so hard to package are in comps and thus
easy to find by the end user, I've written a small script which checks if every
package which has an rpm-group of Amusements/Games is in comps, I've attached
the resultiing script.

I've put a blacklist in the script to avoid what I believe are false positives.
Mainly things like level editors and servers, which do not belong in the comps
games group IMHO, maybe we need a game-utilities group?

Anyways FYI here is the current blacklist:
*-editor)
;;
*-server)
;;
*-selinux)
;;
*-logwatch)
;;
fgfs-Atlas|xblast-x11|kanatest|rott-registered|fortune-firefly)
;;
cowsay|ifm|shippy-allegro|wesnoth-tools|armacycles-ad-dedicated)
;;
frotz|tetrinetx)
;;

This excercise has resulted in me adding the following 2 comps:
raidem-music
asylum
angrydd
manaworld-music
quarry
uqm-content-voice
uqm-content-3domusic
torcs-data-tracks-dirt
torcs-data-tracks-oval
torcs-data-cars-nascar
freedoom-freedm
MegaMek
gnome-games-extra-data
atanks
sirius
pychess
glob2

And now I'm left with the following list of which I'm not sure what todo, input
much appreciated:

poker2d-kde (can't this be merged into the main package?)
torcs-robots

Regards,

Hans

"Christopher Stone" 11-27-2007 07:29 PM

On Nov 27, 2007 11:58 AM, Hans de Goede <j.w.r.degoede@hhs.nl> wrote:
> poker2d-kde (can't this be merged into the main package?)

It requires a directory which is in kdebase, so including it in the
main package would force users to have kde installed. I probably just
didn't think about it when I added poker2d to comps, I guess it should
be added.

Hans de Goede 11-27-2007 07:46 PM