Old 03-03-2012, 08:13 PM
Hugo Leonardo de Freitas

Default Because UrbanTerror is not in the list of games?

Dear friends, one of the best games in the style UrbanTerror CounterStrike is he*besides being free, is available in the Fedora repositories, and runs on Linux,*Mac*and Windows, because he was off the list?

Hugo Leonardo de FreitasBrazil - Goiás - Goiânia

Old 03-04-2012, 01:18 PM
Bruno Wolff III

On Sat, Mar 03, 2012 at 18:13:48 -0300,
Hugo Leonardo de Freitas <hugolf@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear friends, one of the best games in the style UrbanTerror CounterStrike
> is he
> besides being free, is available in the Fedora repositories, and runs on
> Linux, Mac
> and Windows, because he was off the list?

When did Urban Terror become free? According to the documentation we
have the Urban Terror data is not free.

We do have quake3 packaged and you can download the Urban Terror data
and use it with quake3. quake3-demo will help download at least some
of the quake3 data that is available gratis from Id Software. I am not
specifically sure if Urban Terror data is available by that route. (Though
people were working on that at one time in the past.)

Old 03-05-2012, 12:46 PM
Bruno Wolff III

On Mon, Mar 05, 2012 at 08:43:10 -0300,
Hugo Leonardo de Freitas <hugolf@gmail.com> wrote:
> The code is open it (I have a friend who also made ​​a correction in the
> game and fix it today was built). In open source (not sure if there is some
> paperwork to get the code), it is free, you can play freely without any
> registered or need to enter key. UrbanTerror I play more than four years
> and has always been free, I do not know if it's opensource but free, it
> sure is.

Quake3 (the game engine used for Urban Terror) is free and we have that. The
data for Urban Terror is not free (the last I heard).

> Please research the connection would be a great addition to the list of
> games.

It is sort of there. You can download the data and play it with quake3.
Quake3 even has a helper to download at least one data set (though I
am not sure whether Urban Terror is in that list).