-   Fedora Games (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-games/)
-   -   Chromium BSU upstream developers needed! (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-games/57428-chromium-bsu-upstream-developers-needed.html)

Paul Wise 02-16-2008 05:11 AM

Chromium BSU upstream developers needed!

Hi all,

Chromium BSU upstream recently gave me admin access to the chromium-bsu
sf.net project. Hi Mark :)

I'll be converting the upstream CVS to SVN and then committing the
Debian and Ubuntu patches there.

Brian Redfern is working on some free music to replace the non-free
music[1]. His latest attempt is OK, but doesn't suit the game as much as
the originals. He is working on some new versions that are more like the
originals. The sounds are also non-free but we don't have any
replacements for those yet. In the Debian SVN, I've added a patch to
make the game also look in ~/.chromium-data/ so users can play the game
with custom music, sounds, graphics and fonts. This obviously also
allows the use of the non-free sound/music too.

I'd like to add interested people to the project so they can commit
patches from their distros or that they have created. If you are
interested, please let me know what your sourceforge login is.

1. http://bugs.debian.org/385115

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise

"Richard Hartmann" 02-16-2008 10:29 AM

On Feb 16, 2008 7:11 AM, Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:

> Brian Redfern is working on some free music to replace the non-free
> music[1]. His latest attempt is OK, but doesn't suit the game as much as
> the originals. He is working on some new versions that are more like the
> originals.

Did anyone try contacting partnersinrhyme.com about this directly? I know
their licence is not DFSG-free, but asking nicely never hurt anyone (actually,
I can think of several scenarios, but I digress). If no one replies, I will
probably poke them some time next week.

Richard

"Richard Hartmann" 02-16-2008 10:31 AM

Chromium BSU upstream developers needed!

> Did anyone try contacting partnersinrhyme.com about this directly? I know
> their licence is not DFSG-free, but asking nicely never hurt anyone (actually,
> I can think of several scenarios, but I digress). If no one replies, I will
> probably poke them some time next week.

Please CC me on all replies, I am not subscribed.

Richard

"Free Gamer" 02-17-2008 12:20 AM

Chromium BSU upstream developers needed!

Hi Paul,

Have you seen this:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/chromium2/

- C

--
Free Gamer - free & open source games list & commentary
http://freegamer.blogspot.com/

Paul Wise 02-17-2008 01:06 AM

On Sat, 2008-02-16 at 12:29 +0100, Richard Hartmann wrote:

> Did anyone try contacting partnersinrhyme.com about this directly? I know
> their licence is not DFSG-free, but asking nicely never hurt anyone (actually,
> I can think of several scenarios, but I digress).

From the bug log, it doesn't look like anyone did.

> I will probably poke them some time next week.

That would be good.

Paul Wise 03-18-2008 05:37 AM

On Sat, 2008-02-16 at 15:12 +0900, Paul Wise wrote:

> I'll be converting the upstream CVS to SVN then committing the
> Debian and Ubuntu patches there.

This is now finally done.

> I'd like to add interested people to the project so they can commit
> patches from their distros or that they have created. If you are
> interested, please let me know what your sourceforge login is.

This is still open. This is especially important since I noticed that
chromium includes non-free source code as well as sound/music:

http://bugs.debian.org/467123

Brian tells me the music is almost done.