-   Fedora Games (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-games/)
-   -   Packaging Xonotic - Nexuiz fork (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-games/573147-packaging-xonotic-nexuiz-fork.html)

Rahul Sundaram 09-08-2011 09:03 AM

Packaging Xonotic - Nexuiz fork

Hi

Anyone looking at packaging Xonotic? Xonotic is a Nexuiz fork or really
the continuation of the original name under a name name

http://www.xonotic.org/the-game/faq/

The game is now under a playable stage with many improvements

http://www.xonotic.org/2011/09/xonotic-0-5-release/

It bundles the Dark places engine and it is probably better to unbundle
it similar to what happened with OpenArena and ioquake but that might
require additional effort. I intend to take a look at this later but
if anyone wants to get involved, that would be great

Rahul

Jon Ciesla 09-09-2011 01:22 PM

On 09/08/2011 04:03 AM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Hi
>
> Anyone looking at packaging Xonotic? Xonotic is a Nexuiz fork or really
> the continuation of the original name under a name name
>
> http://www.xonotic.org/the-game/faq/
>
> The game is now under a playable stage with many improvements
>
> http://www.xonotic.org/2011/09/xonotic-0-5-release/
>
> It bundles the Dark places engine and it is probably better to unbundle
> it similar to what happened with OpenArena and ioquake but that might
> require additional effort. I intend to take a look at this later but
> if anyone wants to get involved, that would be great
>
> Rahul
I maintain Nexuiz. I think nexuiz has a darkplaces subpackage, could
xonotic use that? If so, a third SRPM they both use might be better.

-J

in your fear, seek only peace
in your fear, seek only love

-d. bowie

Rahul Sundaram 09-09-2011 01:29 PM

On 09/09/2011 06:52 PM, Jon Ciesla wrote:

> I maintain Nexuiz. I think nexuiz has a darkplaces subpackage, could
> xonotic use that? If so, a third SRPM they both use might be better.

I haven't tried it out but FAQ at http://www.xonotic.org/the-game/faq/,
the answer should be yes. If you want to take a look, go ahead. I
don't want to download a large game on the home connection and will try
this later.

Rahul

Jon Ciesla 09-09-2011 01:41 PM

On 09/09/2011 08:29 AM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> On 09/09/2011 06:52 PM, Jon Ciesla wrote:
>> I maintain Nexuiz. I think nexuiz has a darkplaces subpackage, could
>> xonotic use that? If so, a third SRPM they both use might be better.
> I haven't tried it out but FAQ at http://www.xonotic.org/the-game/faq/,
> the answer should be yes. If you want to take a look, go ahead. I
> don't want to download a large game on the home connection and will try
> this later.
>
> Rahul
Can't, the one machine I have that has the slightest prayer of running
Nexuiz is. . .unavailable. . .right now. :)

-J

in your fear, seek only peace
in your fear, seek only love

-d. bowie