Old 07-26-2011, 07:12 AM
Hans de Goede

Default orphaning / looking for new owner for monkey-bubble

Hi,

I've been thinking about orphaning monkey-bubble for a while now,
mostly because it is dead upstream and it is using various obsolete
gnome technologies (esound, libgnomeui, bonobo).

Yesterday it came to my attention that monkey-bubble also contains
at least 1 sound sample which we should not be re-distributing, as
well as various sound samples from unclear origin. This has helped
me make up my mind, and unless someone else jumps in to take it over
(and fix the sound sample situation) I'm going to orphan it.

So anyone want to take over monkey-bubble?

Regards,

Hans

Old 07-26-2011, 11:57 AM
Bruno Wolff III

On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 09:12:54 +0200,
Hans de Goede <hdegoede@redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been thinking about orphaning monkey-bubble for a while now,
> mostly because it is dead upstream and it is using various obsolete
> gnome technologies (esound, libgnomeui, bonobo).
>
> Yesterday it came to my attention that monkey-bubble also contains
> at least 1 sound sample which we should not be re-distributing, as
> well as various sound samples from unclear origin. This has helped
> me make up my mind, and unless someone else jumps in to take it over
> (and fix the sound sample situation) I'm going to orphan it.
>
> So anyone want to take over monkey-bubble?

Even though I normally like to save games, I think letting this one go
is probably a good idea. Upstream is really gone. They changed their
web site and repository locations and then let the new area disappear.
Only the old web site and some tarballs seem to be available.

It's kind of a cute game, but unless someone is willing to be a real
upstream for it, it should probably be let go.

Old 07-26-2011, 11:57 AM
Bruno Wolff III

Old 07-26-2011, 12:45 PM
Richard Shaw

Just to add my $0.02, I installed both monkey bubble and frozen bubble
for the kids and they definitely like frozen bubble more and otherwise
they're functionally equivalent.

Richard

Old 08-01-2011, 01:01 PM
Vinzenz Vietzke

Am 26.07.2011 13:57, schrieb Bruno Wolff III:
> Even though I normally like to save games, I think letting this one go
> is probably a good idea. Upstream is really gone.
+1

IMHO it doesn't make sense to put efforts in fixing and maintaining a
package that has no backing from upstream.

Regards, vinz.
--
Vinzenz Vietzke
Events Ninja / Coordination German L10N Team

Old 08-01-2011, 02:08 PM
Hans de Goede

Hi,

On 08/01/2011 03:01 PM, Vinzenz Vietzke wrote:
> Am 26.07.2011 13:57, schrieb Bruno Wolff III:
>> Even though I normally like to save games, I think letting this one go
>> is probably a good idea. Upstream is really gone.
> +1
>
> IMHO it doesn't make sense to put efforts in fixing and maintaining a
> package that has no backing from upstream.

Ok, since no one has stepped forward I've retired monkey-bubble.

Regards,

Hans

Old 08-01-2011, 02:08 PM
Hans de Goede