Old 07-17-2008, 09:08 PM
Ulin the Tech Mage

Default help

anyone know how to sync evolution's inbox w/ the inbox on palm OS?

Old 07-21-2008, 04:59 PM
Ulin the Tech Mage

i did figure out that you in the sync options you can spefify what mbox
file you want to sync with, but i need to sync the inbox file with a
palm mail client that can handle html. any ideas?

Old 07-22-2008, 12:00 AM
basheer

i have completly deleted the fonts folder on ubuntu (i.e sudo rm -r
/usr/share/fonts) and now i am not able to start ubuntu
can anyone tell how to restore the fonts folder

plz help me

Old 07-22-2008, 01:53 PM
"Steve Flynn"

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 1:00 AM, basheer <albasheers@gmail.com> wrote:
> i have completly deleted the fonts folder on ubuntu (i.e sudo rm -r
> /usr/share/fonts) and now i am not able to start ubuntu
> can anyone tell how to restore the fonts folder

Switch to another virtual terminal CTRL-ALT-F4 for example, log in and
re-install them via apt-get

--
Steve

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Old 07-22-2008, 02:02 PM
"Jason Crain"

On Tue, July 22, 2008 8:53 am, Steve Flynn wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 1:00 AM, basheer <albasheers@gmail.com> wrote:
>> i have completly deleted the fonts folder on ubuntu (i.e sudo rm -r
>> /usr/share/fonts) and now i am not able to start ubuntu
>> can anyone tell how to restore the fonts folder
>
> Switch to another virtual terminal CTRL-ALT-F4 for example, log in and
> re-install them via apt-get

Specifically, you should run something like this:
apt-get --reinstall install ttf-malayalam-fonts msttcorefonts
ttf-dejavu-extra gsfonts-x11 ttf-dejavu-core lmodern xfonts-utils
ttf-opensymbol ttf-lao ttf-kochi-gothic ttf-freefont xfonts-base
xfonts-scalable ttf-unfonts-core xfonts-100dpi ttf-arphic-uming
xfonts-75dpi xfonts-encodings sun-java6-fonts ttf-kochi-mincho dvipdfmx
ttf-xfree86-nonfree ttf-arabeyes latex-xft-fonts ttf-thai-tlwg
ttf-bitstream-vera gsfonts ttf-indic-fonts-core

Old 07-22-2008, 02:18 PM
Leonard Chatagnier

--- basheer <albasheers@gmail.com> wrote:

> i have completly deleted the fonts folder on ubuntu
> (i.e sudo rm -r
> /usr/share/fonts) and now i am not able to start
> ubuntu
> can anyone tell how to restore the fonts folder
>

> plz help me

You should be able to log into a TTY console, if so:

Start an apt front end such as Synaptic or Adept
package managers. Search for fonts and select the ones
you want to install. Click on the little icon
beginning each font entry and select install or
reinstall for the ones you want. Be sure you select
at least:

Leonard Chatagnier
lenc5570@sbcglobal.net

Old 08-03-2008, 07:45 PM
Bill Alexander

unsubscribe

Old 08-04-2008, 07:28 AM
Jake

I have Ubuntu 8.04 and I installed it to work "with" Windows XP, and now I can't get to Windows XP anymore, it automatically boots into Ubuntu, I need help on how to either UNINSTALL Ubuntu or INSTRUCTIONS on how to get to Windows XP, all your help will be appreciated..

-Jake Snell

Got Game? Win Prizes in the Windows Live Hotmail Mobile Summer Games Trivia Contest Find out how.

Old 08-04-2008, 07:30 AM
Jake

I have Ubuntu 8.04 and I installed it to work "with" Windows XP, and now I can't get to Windows XP anymore, it automatically boots into Ubuntu, I need help on how to either UNINSTALL Ubuntu or INSTRUCTIONS on how to get to Windows XP, all your help will be appreciated..

-Jake Snell

Get Windows Live and get whatever you need, wherever you are. Start here.

Old 08-04-2008, 07:37 AM
"MaWaLe MaWaLe"

u have to configure your Grub that it'll show you your XP installation to boot from

otherwise u can read this link : it'll be usefull : https://help.ubuntu.com/8.04/switching/dualboot.html