FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor


 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 05-28-2008, 08:30 PM
Stani
 
Default help

Hi Manuel,
You're on the wrong mailing list. You can post your question at the
ubuntu forums:
http://ubuntuforums.org/
Best regards,
Stani

On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 9:01 AM, Ing. Manuel Veliz Aguayo
<manuel.veliz@vartecspci.com> wrote:
> I have installed ubunto 8.04 in Laptop Acer Extensa 4620Z and I cannot
> install the modem, I am begginer in linux.
>
>
>
> --
> Ubuntu-motu mailing list
> Ubuntu-motu@lists.ubuntu.com
> Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-motu
>



--
http://pythonide.stani.be

--
Ubuntu-motu mailing list
Ubuntu-motu@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-motu
 
Old 05-29-2008, 11:10 AM
"Jad madi"
 
Default help

or
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/

--
Ubuntu-motu mailing list
Ubuntu-motu@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-motu
 
Old 06-05-2008, 01:33 AM
"ghan ghan"
 
Default help

sir;
I have received a free cd from you (ubuntu 8.04 desktop edition) thank
you for that. so after the installation it show this message in the
monitore "out of range h: 74,6khz v: 59hz". please help me to resolve
the probleme else how can I use ubuntu.
thanks in advance.

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 06-09-2008, 12:56 PM
"Rolando Villanueva"
 
Default Help

Dear Sir,

*

Could you please help me to configure the Ubuntu 8.04 Server, basically am poor of knowledge in Linux this is my first time to use the OS of Linux, am her right now in my company accommodation and one of my coworker subscribe a DSL with 512Kbps and Linksys DLS modem 4ports with a wireless, we have a (5) five desktop user at a time but 512Kbps speed is not enough to connect all, I buy one Acer Desktop with (2) two Network Card to use Linux Proxy Server with the Ubuntu 8.04 Server to share in internet in my follow co worker could you please help me to configure the Server her are the list of hardware and software that I have


*

Linksys Modem

ADSL port: connected to PPPoe internet connect (ISP provider *DHCP)

Port1: 192.168.1.1/24 (default internet gateway from the linksys)

*

Server

OS : Ubuntu 8.04 Server

HW: Aces Aspire M3630

NIC1: Broadcom Ethernet NIC


IP address: 192.168.1.2/24

Gateway: 192.168.1.1

*

NIC2: 3Com Gigabit NIC


IP address: ???.???.???.???

Gatway: ???.???.???.???

*

Client 1 up to 5 Desktop Computer

OS : windows XP SP2

IP address1 ~ 5:*** ???.???.???.???

Gatway: ???.???.???.???

*

SWITCH

3COM 8 Port 100Mbps / 1Gbps

*

I install already the Ubuntu 8.04 Server in my Acer Desktop to uses as a proxy server but the problem I don't know any things in the command prompt how to manipulate and to configure the proxy server and DCHP to share the internet to my co worker and also I need to know if its possible to use the Linksys wireless device from the modem to use access point and share internet direct from the server? And also its is possible to install KDE Desktop or GNOME Desktop in UBUNTU 8.04 server to use a Graphics desktop, please help me your reply are big help and opportunity to me to learn the OS of Linux.


*
*
*
================================================== ================

*
On 6/9/08, ubuntu-server-request@lists.ubuntu.com <ubuntu-server-request@lists.ubuntu.com> wrote:
Send ubuntu-server mailing list submissions to
****** ubuntu-server@lists.ubuntu.com


To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
****** https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-server
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to

****** ubuntu-server-request@lists.ubuntu.com

You can reach the person managing the list at
****** ubuntu-server-owner@lists.ubuntu.com


When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
than "Re: Contents of ubuntu-server digest..."


Today's Topics:

**1. Re: Offtopic : Posting "to" the list, correct policy ?

**** (Scott Kitterman)
**2. Re: Offtopic : Posting "to" the list, correct policy ?
**** (Scott Kitterman)
**3. Re: Offtopic : Posting "to" the list, correct policy ?
**** (Leandro Pereira de Lima e Silva)

**4. Re: Offtopic : Posting "to" the list, correct policy ?
**** (Ante Karamatic)


----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2008 21:14:50 -0400

From: Scott Kitterman <ubuntu@kitterman.com>
Subject: Re: Offtopic : Posting "to" the list, correct policy ?
To: ubuntu-server@lists.ubuntu.com

Message-ID: <76000-SnapperMsgD8DB99B6C47234A3@[75.196.152.220]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII

On Sun, 8 Jun 2008 21:12:17 -0300 "Leandro Pereira de Lima e Silva"

<leandro@limaesilva.com.br> wrote:
>That's a good point but I'd rather change the Reply-To field and make
>everyone happy then have to use an specific mail client.

>
Please don't assume 'everyone' agrees with your opinion.**I think that the
current configuration is more correct.

Scott K



------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2008 21:12:51 -0400

From: Scott Kitterman <ubuntu@kitterman.com>
Subject: Re: Offtopic : Posting "to" the list, correct policy ?
To: ubuntu-server@lists.ubuntu.com

Message-ID: <75997-SnapperMsgD8DB99B6C47234A5@[75.196.152.220]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII

On Mon, 09 Jun 2008 09:32:26 +0930 Karl Goetz <karl@kgoetz.id.au> wrote:

>On Sun, 2008-06-08 at 10:10 +0200, Ante Karamatic wrote:
>> On Sun, 08 Jun 2008 08:38:54 +0100
>> Matt Darcy <ubuntu.lists@projecthugo.co.uk> wrote:

>>
>> > Is there a policy on this sort of thing for posting to the list or am
>> > I being over fussy ?
>>
>> Filter lists by 'List-Id:' header. Use smart e-mail clients that are

>> aware of mailing lists and have something like 'Ctrl+l' which replies
>> only to the mailing list(s).
>
>One problem is the default main client in ubuntu (evolution) doesnt have
>a 'reply to list', so the only way is to hit reply-all, remove the

>persons name, and cut+paste the cc line into the to: line.
>kind of annoying really.
>(if theres a reply-to-list and i haent noticed it i'll be thrilled to
>have it pointed out**though ....)
>kk


It's been standard in Kmail/Kontact for years.**Yet another reason not to
Evolution....

As I said in an earlier post in the thread, people argue this both ways.
The alternative view tends to be that mail list handlers shouldn't modify

the reply to set by a sender.

Snappermail (which I use on my phone) suffers from the same limitation, so
I feel your pain.**I do not, however think mail lists should be configured
based on the feature set of any particular mail client.


Scott K



------------------------------

Message: 3
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2008 22:50:09 -0300
From: "Leandro Pereira de Lima e Silva" <leandro@limaesilva.com.br>

Subject: Re: Offtopic : Posting "to" the list, correct policy ?
To: "Scott Kitterman" <ubuntu@kitterman.com>
Cc: ubuntu-server@lists.ubuntu.com

Message-ID:
****** <761ea0990806081850l61f40986jc235a9d7fb9395e4@mail .gmail.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"


Sure I don't. I can only speak for myself.

All the other mail lists I've ever participated worked the way I said, but
sure there is got to be a good reason to do this way.

Leandro

2008/6/8 Scott Kitterman <ubuntu@kitterman.com>:


> On Sun, 8 Jun 2008 21:12:17 -0300 "Leandro Pereira de Lima e Silva"
> <leandro@limaesilva.com.br> wrote:
> >That's a good point but I'd rather change the Reply-To field and make

> >everyone happy then have to use an specific mail client.
> >
> Please don't assume 'everyone' agrees with your opinion.**I think that the
> current configuration is more correct.

>
> Scott K
>
> --
> ubuntu-server mailing list
> ubuntu-server@lists.ubuntu.com
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-server

> More info: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam
>



--
Leandro Pereira de Lima e Silva
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

URL: https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-server/attachments/20080608/1d0bf5bd/attachment-0001.htm


------------------------------

Message: 4
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 06:58:09 +0200
From: Ante Karamatic <ivoks@grad.hr>
Subject: Re: Offtopic : Posting "to" the list, correct policy ?

To: Karl Goetz <karl@kgoetz.id.au>
Cc: ubuntu-server@lists.ubuntu.com
Message-ID: <20080609065809.6291f6ee@titanium>

Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII

On Mon, 09 Jun 2008 09:32:26 +0930
Karl Goetz <karl@kgoetz.id.au> wrote:

> One problem is the default main client in ubuntu (evolution) doesnt

> have a 'reply to list', so the only way is to hit reply-all, remove
> the persons name, and cut+paste the cc line into the to: line.

It does. Ctrl+L.



------------------------------


--
ubuntu-server mailing list
ubuntu-server@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-server

More info: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam

End of ubuntu-server Digest, Vol 30, Issue 19
*********************************************


--
ubuntu-server mailing list
ubuntu-server@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-server
More info: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam
 
Old 06-09-2008, 11:31 PM
Onno Benschop
 
Default Help

On 09/06/08 20:56, Rolando Villanueva wrote:
> Dear Sir,
>
>
>
> Could you please help me to configure the Ubuntu 8.04 Server, basically am
> poor of knowledge in Linux this is my first time to use the OS of Linux, am
> her right now in my company accommodation and one of my coworker subscribe a
> DSL with 512Kbps and Linksys DLS modem 4ports with a wireless, we have a (5)
> five desktop user at a time but 512Kbps speed is not enough to connect all,
> I buy one Acer Desktop with (2) two Network Card to use Linux Proxy Server
> with the Ubuntu 8.04 Server to share in internet in my follow co worker
> could you please help me to configure the Server her are the list of
> hardware and software that I have
>
>
>
> Linksys Modem
>
> ADSL port: connected to PPPoe internet connect (ISP provider DHCP)
>
> Port1: 192.168.1.1/24 (default internet gateway from the linksys)
>
>
>
> Server
>
> OS : Ubuntu 8.04 Server
>
> HW: Aces Aspire M3630
>
> NIC1: *Broadcom* Ethernet *NIC *
>
> *IP address: 192.168.1.2/24*
>
> *Gateway: 192.168.1.1*
>
>
>
> NIC2:* 3Com* Gigabit *NIC*
>
> *IP address: ???.???.???.???*
>
> Gatway: ???.???.???.???
>
>
>
> Client 1 up to 5 Desktop Computer
>
> OS : windows XP SP2
>
> *IP address1 ~ 5: ???.???.???.???*
>
> Gatway: ???.???.???.???
>
>
>
> SWITCH
>
> 3COM 8 Port 100Mbps / 1Gbps
>
>
>
> I install already the Ubuntu 8.04 Server in my Acer Desktop to uses as a
> proxy server but the problem I don't know any things in the command prompt
> how to manipulate and to configure the proxy server and DCHP to share the
> internet to my co worker and also I need to know if its possible to use the
> Linksys wireless device from the modem to use access point and share
> internet direct from the server? And also its is possible to install KDE
> Desktop or GNOME Desktop in UBUNTU 8.04 server to use a Graphics desktop,
> please help me your reply are big help and opportunity to me to learn the OS
> of Linux.
>
>
>
This question is not a simple one and likely going to frustrate you and
the list long before you have resolved all the issues you raise.

I don't want to steer you away from here because you've taken the time
to find the server team and ask a (semi-)relevant question, so instead,
what I'm going to suggest is that you start by reading the server guide.
That will provide you with some of the answers you're seeking - though
it will no doubt raise others.

* https://help.ubuntu.com/8.04/serverguide/C/index.html


After you've read that, the next step is to break-up your problem into
little steps and resolve each of them. With the little information
you've provided, I suggest:

* Actual wiring, how are things really hooked up - that is, there is
talk about a switch, but also wireless - this needs to be clear
before anything else.
* IP connectivity from the server to the net.
* IP connectivity from a client to the server.
* IP connectivity from a client to the net.
* Web Proxy


Please reply only to the list as I'm already subscribed.

--
Onno Benschop

Connected via Optus B3 at S3154'06" - E11550'39" (Yokine, WA)
--
()/)/)() ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>? ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. --- ..Morse for Onno..

ITmaze - ABN: 56 178 057 063 - ph: 04 1219 8888 - onno@itmaze.com.au



--
ubuntu-server mailing list
ubuntu-server@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-server
More info: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam
 
Old 06-10-2008, 12:23 AM
"James Dinkel"
 
Default Help

On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 6:31 PM, Onno Benschop <onno@itmaze.com.au> wrote:
> On 09/06/08 20:56, Rolando Villanueva wrote:
>> Dear Sir,
>>
>> <snip>
>>

Yeah, it sounds like you really need to start with the basics. Read
the server guide as Onno posted, and then tackle one problem at a
time. If you have trouble finding and editing a configuration file
for example, start with that, focus on figuring that out and then move
to the next issue.

James

--
ubuntu-server mailing list
ubuntu-server@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-server
More info: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam
 
Old 07-03-2008, 03:46 PM
"Erik Ohrnberger"
 
Default help

help

--
gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org mailing list
 
Old 07-03-2008, 05:29 PM
"Jason Messerschmitt"
 
Default help

certainly don't need any help with verbosity, do you?

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 10:46 AM, Erik Ohrnberger <Erik@echohome.org> wrote:

help



--

gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org mailing list
 
Old 07-03-2008, 06:06 PM
Hal Martin
 
Default help

Erik Ohrnberger wrote:

help



Certainly, where/in what do you require it?

-Hal
--
gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org mailing list
 
Old 07-04-2008, 01:58 AM
"Ricardo Bevilacqua"
 
Default help

2008/7/3 Erik Ohrnberger <Erik@echohome.org>:
> help
>

That is a nice song from "The Beatles" [1] =)

Regards,

Richard.


[1] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ibX3TejlZE
--
gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org mailing list
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 10:36 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org