Old 01-26-2011, 08:03 PM
Alan Hutchinson

Default help

Hi people ,I just recently installed Debian -507-i38 , and I have bean trying to install ndiswrapper-1.9 but every time I try to install the driver I get >>>>>>>>>>
*sudo ndiswrapper -i NetA3AB.inf

couldn't open NetA3AB.inf: No such file or directory at /usr/sbin/ndiswrapper-1.9 line 219.
why cant ndiswrapper find the NetA3AB.inf ? Driver file,the Wi Fi card is ¨WDA-2320 D-Link >> Atheros AR5212/AR5213 ,chip set 168C:0013 if you could pleas get get to me on this matter, I have bean working on this since about mid 2010, thanks in advance.

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 12:20 PM, Hans-J. Ullrich <hans.ullrich@loop.de> wrote:

Am Mittwoch, 26. Januar 2011 schrieb Camaleón:

> On Wed, 26 Jan 2011 20:54:01 +0100, Johan Grönqvist wrote:

> > 2011-01-26 20:16, Hans-J. Ullrich skrev:

> >> Am Mittwoch, 26. Januar 2011 schrieb Padilla Juan Leon II:

> (...)

> >> There is no package for adobe flashplayer, but you can install the

> >> package "flashplayer-unfree" from the repository, which includes a

> >> script for installing adobes flashplayer. Works best with iceweasel.

> >> Both architectures are supported.

> > That would be flashplugin-nonfree, and it is available in the "contrib"

> > repository, which has to be activated.

> > According to the wiki-page the flashplugin may not work with debian

> > 5.0.7 (Lenny), but may need debian 6.0 (squeeze).

> Uh? How bad! :-(

> Anyway, you can always get it from Adobe site:

> http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

> Installation should be straight-forward (download the "tar.gz" and put

> the extracted "*.so" file under the plugins directory, system-wide or

> under the user's browser profile).

> Greetings,

Yes guys, you are right. Sorry for that, I meant "flashplugin-nonfree", and

yes, I am running squeeze.

Besides, I personally recommend squeeze, as squeeze will be very soon becoming

stable, and it is running without any problems on any of my systems (32-bit

and 64-bit). IMO lenny is nowadays a little bit old, with kde3 and old kernel,

although lenny is very well tested. The decision, which one to use, must one

do for himself.

IMO lenny might cause more problems at special wishes, than squeeze, just

because of outdated packages. But that is only my personal opinion.

Just ask for any help.

Have fun!

Hans

Archive: http://lists.debian.org/201101262120.55144.hans.ullrich@loop.de

Old 01-26-2011, 10:01 PM
Robert Holtzman

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 01:03:55PM -0800, Alan Hutchinson wrote:
> Hi people ,I just recently installed Debian -507-i38 , and I have bean trying
> to install ndiswrapper-1.9 but every time I try to install the driver I get
> >>>>>>>>>>
> *sudo ndiswrapper -i NetA3AB.inf
> couldn't open NetA3AB.inf: No such file or directory at /usr/sbin/
> ndiswrapper-1.9 line 219.
> why cant ndiswrapper find the NetA3AB.inf ? Driver file,the Wi Fi card is
> ¨WDA-2320 D-Link >> Atheros AR5212/AR5213 ,chip set 168C:0013 if you could
> pleas get get to me on this matter, I have bean working on this since about mid
> 2010, thanks in advance.

Congratulations, you just hijacked a thread.

--
Bob Holtzman
Key ID: 8D549279

Old 01-26-2011, 10:42 PM
Rob Owens

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 08:05:42PM +0000, Camaleón wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Jan 2011 20:54:01 +0100, Johan Grönqvist wrote:
>
> > 2011-01-26 20:16, Hans-J. Ullrich skrev:
> >> Am Mittwoch, 26. Januar 2011 schrieb Padilla Juan Leon II:
>
> (...)

> >> There is no package for adobe flashplayer, but you can install the
> >> package "flashplayer-unfree" from the repository, which includes a
> >> script for installing adobes flashplayer. Works best with iceweasel.
> >> Both architectures are supported.
> >>

> > That would be flashplugin-nonfree, and it is available in the "contrib"
> > repository, which has to be activated.
> >
> > According to the wiki-page the flashplugin may not work with debian
> > 5.0.7 (Lenny), but may need debian 6.0 (squeeze).
>
> Uh? How bad! :-(
>
> Anyway, you can always get it from Adobe site:
>
> http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

How about www.debian-multimedia.org? He's got flashplayer in his repos.

-Rob

Old 01-27-2011, 01:35 AM
"Robert Blair Mason Jr."

On Wed, 26 Jan 2011 13:41:23 -0500
Padilla Juan Leon II <erosthanatus@gmail.com> wrote:

> greetings !
>
> i just installed my debian 5.0.7 in my laptop.
>
> i just want to install 3 things in my debian OS
>
> 1 google chrome
> 2 skype
> 3 adobe flash player
>
> i read some of the text in the web but i can't install any of those things
> above.
>
> if you don't mind can you make the instruction very simple im not that very
> good in comp laguage.
>
> thank you and more power!
>
> juan padilla

As far as chrome goes, you can easily do this by opening up a terminal (command prompt) and typing:

sudo aptitude install chromium-browser

This will prompt you for your password. The characters in your password will not be displayed on the screen (not even as *s or dots), so don't worry if it seems like nothing is being typed.

To install flash player on Lenny, you should try the following:

sudo aptitude install flashplugin-nonfree

If this fails, saying something along the lines of "no package found", then you should do the following:

sudo echo "deb http://www.backports.org/debian lenny-backports main contrib non-free" >> /etc/apt/sources.list
sudo aptitude update
sudo aptitude -t lenny-backports install flashplugin-nonfree
sudo /usr/sbin/update-flashplugin-nonfree --install

Skype can be installed by going here: http://www.skype.com/intl/en-us/get-skype/on-your-computer/linux/post-download/ and clicking on the "Debian Lenny" link. This will
download a .deb package that you can install. You'll want to make note of where it downloads it to. There are then two ways to go:

1. Download and install gdebi (sudo aptitude install gdebi), and then just clicking on the file should launch a simple window with an easy "install" button, or

2. Find what directory you downloaded the .deb to (lets just say its called /home/juan/downloads - note that this is CaSe SeNsItIvE) and do the following:

cd /home/juan/downloads
sudo dpkg -i skype-debian_2.1.0.81-1_i386.deb

Note that that's what it was called when I downloaded it, but you should check to make sure the filename is the same. This may have errors with dependency resolution, so unless there is a reason you don't want to install gdebi, then use it. Also, if you are having trouble with just clicking on it, you can invoke gdebi from the command line:

cd /home/juan/downloads
sudo gdebi skype-debian_2.1.0.81-1_i386.deb

again, check the filename and directory, and if you already have issued the cd command, you won't need it again.

Hope this helps!

--
rbmj

Old 01-27-2011, 11:20 AM