Old 05-25-2010, 02:26 PM
"Amedee Van Gasse (ub)"

Default help

On Mon, May 24, 2010 20:48, Jacobo Estuardo Ponce Chavarra wrote:

> Atentamente,
>
> Jacobo Ponce

What is your question?

--
Amedee Van Gasse

Old 07-22-2010, 04:47 PM
kayode idode

I am new to ubuntu and for that matter, linux OS. I have two systems on which I have ubuntu currently installed, one in the office and my laptop at home.

The problems I have been having is that I have not been able to play any music files or video files using the ubuntu OS. The system at home has no internet connection. The one in the office has both Win 7 and Ubuntu installed but I cannot seem to ever get the network to work whenever I am in the Ubuntu OS. The network card interface shows connected, I can even view the local network domain but I cannot seem to go online. The domain uses a windows sbs server 2008 server for its dhcp and dns. could that be a problem?

I would be very grateful if you could help me out on installing vlc player offline. And also, how do I make sure that the "universe" is up and running in the /etc/apt/sources.list file?

Thanks as I anxiously await your reply to these issues. Any good, exhaustive manual that you have and which addresses these issues will be graetly appreciated if I could have them.

Old 07-23-2010, 03:42 AM
Nathan Bahn

[...]

kayode idode--
What versions of Ubuntu do you have on your machines?
--N.B.
See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html & http://www.openoffice.org (Nathan Bahn)

Old 07-23-2010, 03:49 AM
Guilherme Raymo Longo

Kayode,
It's really simple to have VLC Player installed offline on your Ubuntu. The only thing you'll need is the vlc package that can be found very easily. After you get your vlc*.deb pkg all you have to do is to install it with the command:

dpkg -i yourPKG.deb

Now, abt your internet connectivity I can't help you much without knowing wich system are you on!

Old 07-23-2010, 03:54 AM
Marlon

Yo!!

Yes you can!

just download some packages from you browser and then install them using the packmanager
and put them in a flash mem. to take home and do the same

you at firs will need

w32codecs.deb
mpg321
mpg123
ffmpeg
flac
faac
faad

audacious2 (small mp3 player if you do not like totem)

(and unfortunately all them dependences)

the most you will google easy... the firs i'll give a clue..

http://www.debian-multimedia.org/pool/main/w/w32codecs/w32codecs_20071007-0.1_i386.deb

just 2 clics over the pack or by terminal

sudo dpkg -i w32codecs_20071007-0.1_i386.deb

cheers
Marlon Valério
┌──────────────┐
** T0ddy Stone Brains
└──────────────┘

Old 08-29-2010, 11:10 AM
Александр Аносов

добрый день подскажите пожалуйста как прописать сканер эпсон 1670 если можно по шагово заранее благодарен

Old 08-29-2010, 11:50 AM
Aaron Toponce

On 08/29/2010 05:10 AM, Александр Аносов wrote:
> добрый день подскажите пожалуйста как прописать сканер эпсон 1670 если можно по шагово заранее благодарен

*то английский список рассылки. Пожалуйста, проверьте
http://lists.debian.org/debian-russian/ для вашего языка.

--
. O . O . O . . O O . . . O .
. . O . O O O . O . O O . . O

Old 10-09-2010, 03:38 PM
JK

I am a new comer to Linux.
I am using Kubuntu in my Net book.The bug fixes up to 28/09/2010 was
downloaded. The system was running peaceful. Using synaptic I have
uninstalled a few packages name starting with X. When I restarted, the
login dialogue box appears, receives password then a black screen with the
mouse indication only is shown. I am not at all familiar with the commands
etc at the recovery mode prompt. Can anyone suggest an easiest method
using GUI

Old 10-09-2010, 04:53 PM
Billie Walsh

On 10/09/2010 10:38 AM, JK wrote:
> I am a new comer to Linux.
> I am using Kubuntu in my Net book.The bug fixes up to 28/09/2010 was
> downloaded. The system was running peaceful. Using synaptic I have
> uninstalled a few packages name starting with X. When I restarted, the
> login dialogue box appears, receives password then a black screen with the
> mouse indication only is shown. I am not at all familiar with the commands
> etc at the recovery mode prompt. Can anyone suggest an easiest method
> using GUI

Hmmm. Easiest GUI method. How about a complete reinstall.

Old 10-09-2010, 04:54 PM
Pastor JW

On Saturday, October 09, 2010 8:38:40 am JK wrote:
> I am a new comer to Linux.
> I am using Kubuntu in my Net book.The bug fixes up to 28/09/2010 was
> downloaded. The system was running peaceful. Using synaptic I have
> uninstalled a few packages name starting with X. When I restarted, the
> login dialogue box appears, receives password then a black screen with the
> mouse indication only is shown. I am not at all familiar with the commands
> etc at the recovery mode prompt. Can anyone suggest an easiest method
> using GUI

Well yes, if you remove X, you have no GUI. X is what the GUI runs on and if
it is still there startx would be the command to start it.

--
73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n>< PDGA# 35276
http://the-inner-circle.org _Registered Kubuntu User: #27403