Old 03-24-2010, 08:59 PM
Alex Schuster

Default help

Dale writes:

> Since someone else mentioned KDE4, I do look forward to 4.5. I'm
> hoping for some fixes too. I want the desktop slideshow to be
> sequential instead of random. I have a lot of pics that are taken to
> be a slideshow but if done in random order, they make no sense at all.
> All I need is a little check box to disable the random part.

Is there a bug report files already?

> Maybe one day everything will be perfect. < Dale holds his breath >

But then KDE 4 will be outdated already and they are doing KDE 5. I heard
it will have some really cool features and gizmos and stuff, you know!

Wonko

Old 03-24-2010, 09:18 PM
Dale

Alex Schuster wrote:

Dale writes:

Since someone else mentioned KDE4, I do look forward to 4.5. I'm
hoping for some fixes too. I want the desktop slideshow to be
sequential instead of random. I have a lot of pics that are taken to
be a slideshow but if done in random order, they make no sense at all.
All I need is a little check box to disable the random part.

Is there a bug report files already?

I haven't filed one. I'm just hoping someone has. Am I the only person
that would take pictures intending them to be a slide show? I know I'm
"different" but surely not that much. ;-)

Maybe one day everything will be perfect.< Dale holds his breath>

But then KDE 4 will be outdated already and they are doing KDE 5. I heard
it will have some really cool features and gizmos and stuff, you know!

Wonko

I'm hoping that when they start releasing KDE5, they support KDE4
longer. The dropping of KDE3 was way to soon. My brother wants to use
Linux but I don't want to install KDE3 since it is not supported from a
security point of view but I also don't want to install KDE4 which is
still pretty buggy. That said, I have been using KDE4 for several
weeks. My slide show is the only issue that I have yet to work around.
I plan to install Mandriva for him.

Dale

:-) :-)

Old 03-24-2010, 10:50 PM
Michael Edenfield

On Wednesday 24 March 2010 15:41:57 Alan McKinnon wrote:

> It makes me just a little bit sad to see that the next version of Xorg
> (ebuild sitting in some testing proving ground somewhere) will not use hal
> at all. What will we talk about now on slow news days?

$5 says Dale won't get devicekit working either.

--K

Old 03-25-2010, 03:05 AM
Dale

Michael Edenfield wrote:

It makes me just a little bit sad to see that the next version of Xorg
(ebuild sitting in some testing proving ground somewhere) will not use hal
at all. What will we talk about now on slow news days?

$5 says Dale won't get devicekit working either.

--K

But I will try. Funny thing is, hal works for everything BUT xorg. :/

Dale

:-) :-)

Old 03-25-2010, 09:21 AM
Frank Steinmetzger

Am Mittwoch, 24. März 2010 schrieb Dale:
> Alex Schuster wrote:
> > Dale writes:
> >> Since someone else mentioned KDE4, I do look forward to 4.5. I'm
> >> hoping for some fixes too. I want the desktop slideshow to be
> >> sequential instead of random. I have a lot of pics that are taken to
> >> be a slideshow but if done in random order, they make no sense at all.
> >> All I need is a little check box to disable the random part.
> >
> > Is there a bug report files already?
>
> I haven't filed one. I'm just hoping someone has.

*g* that’s the right approach. Last week I filed a bug for Amarok that’s been
there for months now, so I assumed it was already known. It turned out that it
wasn’t (at least to the devs).

If you are like me and don’t wanna create another bug tracker account just for
one bug, I offer my help by filing the bug, if you want. ;-)
--
Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
Emacs is a great operating system, which only lacks a good editor.

Old 03-25-2010, 01:45 PM
Dale

Frank Steinmetzger wrote:

Since someone else mentioned KDE4, I do look forward to 4.5. I'm
hoping for some fixes too. I want the desktop slideshow to be
sequential instead of random. I have a lot of pics that are taken to
be a slideshow but if done in random order, they make no sense at all.
All I need is a little check box to disable the random part.

Is there a bug report files already?

I haven't filed one. I'm just hoping someone has.

*g* that’s the right approach. Last week I filed a bug for Amarok that’s been
there for months now, so I assumed it was already known. It turned out that it
wasn’t (at least to the devs).

If you are like me and don’t wanna create another bug tracker account just for
one bug, I offer my help by filing the bug, if you want. ;-)

If you wold like to that would be fine. I would just like some way to
disable the random part of the slide show. The slide show in KDE3 was
not random so I figure a option will be added at some point. Then
again, maybe not.

Thanks.

Dale

:-) :-)

Old 03-25-2010, 09:42 PM
Paul Hartman

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 4:41 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@gmail.com> wrote:
> Since someone else mentioned KDE4, I do look forward to 4.5. I'm hoping for
> some fixes too. I want the desktop slideshow to be sequential instead of
> random. I have a lot of pics that are taken to be a slideshow but if done
> in random order, they make no sense at all. All I need is a little check
> box to disable the random part.

If you're not afraid of doing a little scripting you might be able to
whip something together yourself using this:

http://kde-look.org/content/show.php/Scripted+Image+Wallpaper+Plugin?content=115147

Old 03-25-2010, 10:24 PM
Dale

Paul Hartman wrote:

Since someone else mentioned KDE4, I do look forward to 4.5. I'm hoping for
some fixes too. I want the desktop slideshow to be sequential instead of
random. I have a lot of pics that are taken to be a slideshow but if done
in random order, they make no sense at all. All I need is a little check
box to disable the random part.

If you're not afraid of doing a little scripting you might be able to
whip something together yourself using this:

http://kde-look.org/content/show.php/Scripted+Image+Wallpaper+Plugin?content=115147

I would have to modify the script since it does random too. If KDE4
isn't broke now, I would surely finish it off if I started writing
scripts. LOL I would think it could be disabled somehow but the folks
on KDE mailing list couldn't find a way either. I even searched around
in the config files and maybe changing a USE flag. Still nothing yet.
I really think it will be there eventually tho.

Here's to hoping.

Dale

:-) :-)

Old 03-26-2010, 06:09 AM
KH

I would have to modify the script since it does random too. If KDE4
isn't broke now, I would surely finish it off if I started writing
scripts. LOL I would think it could be disabled somehow but the folks on
KDE mailing list couldn't find a way either. I even searched around in
the config files and maybe changing a USE flag. Still nothing yet. I
really think it will be there eventually tho.

Here's to hoping.

Dale

:-) :-)

USE="-random" emerge kde4 - Having something like that would be fun :-)

kh

Old 03-26-2010, 01:50 PM
Dale

KH wrote:

I would have to modify the script since it does random too. If KDE4
isn't broke now, I would surely finish it off if I started writing
scripts. LOL I would think it could be disabled somehow but the folks on
KDE mailing list couldn't find a way either. I even searched around in
the config files and maybe changing a USE flag. Still nothing yet. I
really think it will be there eventually tho.

Here's to hoping.

Dale

:-) :-)

USE="-random" emerge kde4 - Having something like that would be fun :-)

kh

Just for giggles:

root@smoker ~ # euse -i random
global use flags (searching: random)
no matching entries found

local use flags (searching: random)
no matching entries found
root@smoker ~ #

Maybe it will be added later. LOL What gets me, this is so simple and
trivial. It sure does mess up my slide show tho.

Dale

:-) :-)