Old 05-02-2008, 03:46 PM
Ed Greshko

Default help

Arthur wrote:
> it is 911 if am not wrong.

In some environments it would be 119.

--
Screw up your courage! You've screwed up everything else.

Old 05-02-2008, 04:24 PM
Joseph

Ed Greshko wrote:
> In some environments it would be 119.

Joseph writes:
That's only for those who believe their cup is half empty when it's really half full. <GRIN>

Old 05-02-2008, 05:13 PM
Derek Broughton

> Arthur wrote:
>> it is 911 if am not wrong.

Stunning. The troll who got so upset that people actually asked him to
describe his problem, reacts as so many did to his senseless posts...
--
derek

Old 05-02-2008, 05:38 PM
Wulfy

Here it would be 999...* :@

--
Blessings

Wulfmann

Wulf Credo:
Copyright July 17, 1988 by Del Goetz

Old 05-02-2008, 06:07 PM
Arthur

On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 5:13 PM, Derek Broughton <news@pointerstop.ca> wrote:

Stunning. *The troll who got so upset that people actually asked him to

describe his problem, reacts as so many did to his senseless posts...

--

derek

hey derek ... i had a nightmare trying to solve that problem ... it took me 15 uninterrupted work hours at office each day for two days.. but i solved it, i ended up using 473 proxies from all over the planet one for each request, tor did masquerade my ip ... but didn't change it so it was useless for the purpose because the ban was based on every ip that issues more than* 3 requests & not mine specifically ...

derek I know you think you are right by doing this, protect the world from evil ppl who cause harm to the internet ... and i don't blame you for that.

ps : if you were in my lan you would issue only "11", 9 is added by asterisk.

Old 05-02-2008, 06:34 PM
Bart Silverstrim

Derek Broughton wrote:
>> Arthur wrote:
>>> it is 911 if am not wrong.
> Stunning. The troll who got so upset that people actually asked him to
> describe his problem, reacts as so many did to his senseless posts...

More stunning is that he'd want to keep poking around after I posted the
link to a the posts he had asking how to use python...for totally
innocent reasons...to bypass CAPTCHAs, then come here asking about
bypassing a ban.

Never would give the site, never gave details on what was going on,
wavered on if the site was banning him or if it was a connection
issue...but hey, he wasn't spamming or anything like that. He was
totally innocent in asking a question and we're the jerks for asking for
details that would be needed to...I don't know...investigate the problem!?

Killfile him...I don't know if he continued complaining about others and
myself, but it was nice to have that thread disappear.

Old 05-02-2008, 06:48 PM
Arthur

On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 6:34 PM, Bart Silverstrim <bsilver@chrononomicon.com> wrote:

Killfile him...I don't know if he continued complaining about others and

myself, but it was nice to have that thread disappear.

Bart, I still think procmail is BETTER ( I found the shift key)... & still think you have ubuntu's spirit, you just need to find it in yourself.

Never would give the site, never gave details on what was going on,

wavered on if the site was banning him or if it was a connection

issue...but hey, he wasn't spamming or anything like that. *He was

totally innocent in asking a question and we're the jerks for asking for

details that would be needed to...I don't know...investigate the problem!?
Bart,* I have a job , I work* at a company , do you think it is wise to give* internal information to be posted on Multiple websites and for the comming 20 years ?

well, i guess don't get it because what you do is play around with computers & you never really had a real job to care about.

Old 05-02-2008, 08:25 PM
Derek Broughton

Bart Silverstrim wrote:

> Derek Broughton wrote:

> Killfile him...I don't know if he continued complaining about others and
> myself, but it was nice to have that thread disappear.

You may notice I only quote him more than one level deep. He's been
killfiled for a week
--
derek

Old 05-03-2008, 11:16 AM
Arthur

On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 8:25 PM, Derek Broughton <news@pointerstop.ca> wrote:

You may notice I only quote him more than one level deep. *He's been

killfiled for a week

now you're talking like a woman. (both of you)
well, I am married so you'd better give me up.

Old 05-28-2008, 07:01 AM
"Ing. Manuel Veliz Aguayo"

I have installed ubunto 8.04 in Laptop Acer Extensa 4620Z and I cannot
install the modem, I am begginer in linux.