FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor


 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 12-27-2009, 01:54 PM
Steve
 
Default Help

On Sat, 26 Dec 2009 19:19:04 -0000, Gilan-Schah
<ferygs19-11-38@t-online.de> wrote:

> I have installed Kubuntu a week ago. I am new-comer to Kubuntu or any
> other Linux variations.
> I want to fomate a USB-Stick in ext2.
> I have found the following command:
> sudu mk2fs/dev/sda2
> Question No. 1: Is this command allright?
> Question No. 2: How can I found the sda of the USB-Stick.
>
> I am writing from Germany. Please excuse my bad English.
>
In a terminal type 'df' without the quotes to see which is the USB drive
If it is sdb1 the commands are:-

umanout /dev/sdb1
sudo mke2fs /dev/sdb1


The first unmounts the device as you can’t format a mounted device and the
second will format it as ext2


--
Steve

--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users
 
Old 12-27-2009, 01:57 PM
Murray Colpman
 
Default Help

Make that sudo umount /dev/sdb1


On Dec 27, 2009 2:54 PM, "Steve" <yorvik.ubunto@googlemail.com> wrote:


On Sat, 26 Dec 2009 19:19:04 -0000, Gilan-Schah
<ferygs19-11-38@t-online.de> wrote:

> I have inst...
In a terminal type 'df' without the quotes to see which is the USB drive

If it is sdb1 the commands are:-



* * * *umanout /dev/sdb1

* * * *sudo mke2fs /dev/sdb1





The first unmounts the device as you can’t format a mounted device and the

second will format it as ext2





--

Steve



--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: ht...


--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users
 
Old 12-27-2009, 02:09 PM
Lisi
 
Default Help

On Sunday 27 December 2009 14:57:19 Murray Colpman wrote:
> Make that sudo umount /dev/sdb1
>
> On Dec 27, 2009 2:54 PM, "Steve" <yorvik.ubunto@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> On Sat, 26 Dec 2009 19:19:04 -0000, Gilan-Schah
> <ferygs19-11-38@t-online.de> wrote: > I have inst...
> In a terminal type 'df' without the quotes to see which is the USB drive
> If it is sdb1 the commands are:-
>
> umanout /dev/sdb1
> sudo mke2fs /dev/sdb1
>
>
> The first unmounts the device as you can’t format a mounted device and the
> second will format it as ext2
>
>
> --
> Steve
>
> -- kubuntu-users mailing list kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com Modify
> settings or unsubscribe at: ht...

Thanks, guys! Worked a treat here.

Lisi

--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users
 
Old 12-27-2009, 02:19 PM
Steve
 
Default Help

On Sun, 27 Dec 2009 14:57:19 -0000, Murray Colpman
<muzerakascooby@gmail.com> wrote:

> Make that sudo umount /dev/sdb1
>
> On Dec 27, 2009 2:54 PM, "Steve" <yorvik.ubunto@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> On Sat, 26 Dec 2009 19:19:04 -0000, Gilan-Schah
> <ferygs19-11-38@t-online.de>
> wrote: > I have inst...
> In a terminal type 'df' without the quotes to see which is the USB drive
> If it is sdb1 the commands are:-
>
> umanout /dev/sdb1
> sudo mke2fs /dev/sdb1
>
>
> The first unmounts the device as you can’t format a mounted device and
> the
> second will format it as ext2
>
Oops! umount would work better :-/

--
Steve

--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users
 
Old 12-28-2009, 03:39 PM
Ric Moore
 
Default Help

On Sun, 2009-12-27 at 14:57 +0000, Murray Colpman wrote:
> Make that sudo umount /dev/sdb1
>

Please don't top-post or use html. Thanx, Ric

--
My father, Victor Moore (Vic) used to say:
"There are two Great Sins in the world...
..the Sin of Ignorance, and the Sin of Stupidity.
Only the former may be overcome." R.I.P. Dad.
Linux user# 44256
https://nuoar.dev.java.net/
Verizon Cell # 434-774-4987



--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users
 
Old 12-28-2009, 03:45 PM
Murray Colpman
 
Default Help

I'm normally very good (check my past messages) but I can't find out how under gmail for android.


On Dec 28, 2009 4:39 PM, "Ric Moore" <wayward4now@gmail.com> wrote:


On Sun, 2009-12-27 at 14:57 +0000, Murray Colpman wrote:
> Make that sudo umount /dev/sdb1
>


Please don't top-post or use html. Thanx, Ric



--

My father, Victor Moore (Vic) used to say:

"There are two Great Sins in the world...

..the Sin of Ignorance, and the Sin of Stupidity.

Only the former may be overcome." R.I.P. Dad.

Linux user# 44256

https://nuoar.dev.java.net/

Verizon Cell # 434-774-4987





--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com


Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users



--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users
 
Old 12-28-2009, 09:43 PM
Richard Principe
 
Default help

-----Original Message-----
From: ubuntu-users-bounces@lists.ubuntu.com
[mailto:ubuntu-users-bounces@lists.ubuntu.com] On Behalf Of
ubuntu-users-request@lists.ubuntu.com
Sent: Wednesday, December 23, 2009 12:24 PM
To: ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Subject: ubuntu-users Digest, Vol 64, Issue 237

Send ubuntu-users mailing list submissions to
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
ubuntu-users-request@lists.ubuntu.com

You can reach the person managing the list at
ubuntu-users-owner@lists.ubuntu.com

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
than "Re: Contents of ubuntu-users digest..."


Today's Topics:

1. Re: Linux dpkg Software Report (Karl F. Larsen)
2. Re: Linux dpkg Software Report (Mark C. Miller)
3. Re: Can one get straight to username entry at login in 9.10?
(Avi Greenbury)
4. MySQL problem after upgrade (Michael Satterwhite)
5. Re: MySQL problem after upgrade (Mike McGinn)
6. RE: MySQL problem after upgrade (Neil Aggarwal)
7. Re: MySQL problem after upgrade - SOLVED (Michael Satterwhite)
8. Need to recover from an ID-10-T error. (UNGER, JOHN WM)
9. Re: Need to recover from an ID-10-T error. (Steve)
10. GRUB Loading. (ajrendra gaurav)


----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 06:51:30 -0700
From: "Karl F. Larsen" <klarsen1@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Linux dpkg Software Report
To: "Ubuntu user technical support, not for general discussions"
<ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com>
Message-ID: <4B322062.9080108@gmail.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed

Ray Parrish wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I hope I won't get flamed for this, but I have just completed my most
> ambitious script to date, and have completed the Linux dpkg Software
> Report script which takes output from dpkg, and formats it into html
> pages sorted by package section, such as Games, Editors, etc... and
also
> generates an alphabetical index to the packages.
>
> All web urls, ftp urls, and emails in the dpkg output have been
> converted to clickable links, and there are links to each package's
> installed files lists, and configuration files lists, as well as any
> index.html files in that package's /usr/share/doc/packagename folders.
>
> I've released it as open source, and it is available at -
>
> <http://www.rayslinks.com/LinuxdpkgSoftwareReport.html>
>
> There is also a sample output set from the script available for
perusal
> linked on that page.
>
> Sorry if you consider this spam, it's not a technical question, but an

> announcement of something I think could help some people learn their
> systems easier.
>
> Later, Ray Parrish
>

I am getting the over 1000 updates to this Ubuntu 8.04
listed. You have a nice tool here.

73 Karl


--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User
#450462 http://counter.li.org.
Key ID = 3951B48D




------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 15:06:07 +0000 (UTC)
From: "Mark C. Miller" <mr.mcmiller@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Linux dpkg Software Report
To: ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Message-ID: <hgtbkv$knt$1@ger.gmane.org>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8

On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 21:25:20 -0800, Ray Parrish wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I hope I won't get flamed for this, but I have just completed my most
> ambitious script to date, and have completed the Linux dpkg Software
> Report script which takes output from dpkg, and formats it into html
> pages sorted by package section, such as Games, Editors, etc... and
also
> generates an alphabetical index to the packages.
>
> All web urls, ftp urls, and emails in the dpkg output have been
> converted to clickable links, and there are links to each package's
> installed files lists, and configuration files lists, as well as any
> index.html files in that package's /usr/share/doc/packagename folders.
>
> I've released it as open source, and it is available at -
>
> <http://www.rayslinks.com/LinuxdpkgSoftwareReport.html>
>
> There is also a sample output set from the script available for
perusal
> linked on that page.
>
> Sorry if you consider this spam, it's not a technical question, but an
> announcement of something I think could help some people learn their
> systems easier.
>
> Later, Ray Parrish

I'm not exactly a newbie, but close. I've always used synaptic to
download applications. I'm really new to scripts. I guess I need to
know two things:

1. What is a good directory to use to extract to?
2. How do I execute a shell script?

I've been looking for something similar to the windows ability to tell
you basic information about your system; this sounds like it will more
than fill the bill.

tnx for your work on this.

mcm



--
Mark C. Miller, Indianapolis IN, USA




------------------------------

Message: 3
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 15:11:59 +0000
From: Avi Greenbury <avismailinglistaccount@googlemail.com>
Subject: Re: Can one get straight to username entry at login in 9.10?
To: ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Message-ID: <20091223151159.6d6ffd1a@jup-linux2.SGL.GROUP>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8

Johnny Rosenberg wrote:
> 2009/12/20 Chris G <cl@isbd.net>:
> > I want to be presented with a Username: box to type my name into, at
> > present I get a Login button which I have to click on *before* I
> > enter my username. ?What else could I possibly want to do at this
> > point?
>
> Select language or session or something, I guess?

Amusingly, you have to click 'log in' before you get these other
options, too.

--
Avi Greenbury
http://aviswebsite.co.uk
http://aviswebsite.co.uk/asking-questions



------------------------------

Message: 4
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 09:24:32 -0600
From: Michael Satterwhite <michael@weblore.com>
Subject: MySQL problem after upgrade
To: Ubuntu Help and User Discussions <ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com>
Message-ID: <200912230924.32973.michael@weblore.com>
Content-Type: Text/Plain; charset="us-ascii"

I've just done the upgrade to 9.10. Most things went very smoothly, but
I've
got a snag. MySQL isn't running, and I can't figure out why.

When I run mysqld_safe (as root, of course), I get the following
messages:

mysqld_safe Logging to syslog.
mysqld_safe Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /var/lib/mysql
mysqld_safe mysqld from pid file /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid ended

Looking at syslog, I do see a statement that I should run mysql_upgrade.
I
tried to do that, but it failed with the message Can't connect to local
MySQL
server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) when trying to
connect
Note that the .sock file doesn't exist.

Can anyone offer any help? I'd appreciate it greatly.

In syslog, I have the following messages from trying to run mysqld_safe:

mysqld_safe: Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /var/lib/mysql
kernel: [58516.376931] type=1503 audit(1261581313.299:112):
operation="open"
pid=9681 parent=9564 profile="/usr/sbin/mysqld" requested_mask="r::"
denied_mask="r::" fsuid=0 ouid=0 name="/sys/devices/system/cpu/"
kernel: [58516.377792] type=1503 audit(1261581313.299:113):
operation="open"
pid=9681 parent=9564 profile="/usr/sbin/mysqld" requested_mask="::r"
denied_mask="::r" fsuid=0 ouid=1000 name="/home/michael/.my.cnf"
mysqld: 091223 9:15:13 [Warning] The syntax '--log' is deprecated and
will be
removed in MySQL 7.0. Please use '--general_log'/'--general_log_file'
instead.
mysqld: 091223 9:15:13 [Note] Plugin 'FEDERATED' is disabled.
mysqld: /usr/sbin/mysqld: Table 'mysql.plugin' doesn't exist
mysqld: 091223 9:15:13 [ERROR] Can't open the mysql.plugin table.
Please run
mysql_upgrade to create it.
mysqld: 091223 9:15:13 InnoDB: Started; log sequence number 0
883394962
mysqld: 091223 9:15:13 [ERROR] /usr/sbin/mysqld: unknown option
'--skip-bdb'
mysqld: 091223 9:15:13 [ERROR] Aborting
mysqld:
mysqld: 091223 9:15:13 InnoDB: Starting shutdown...
mysqld: 091223 9:15:14 InnoDB: Shutdown completed; log sequence number
0
883394962
mysqld: 091223 9:15:14 [Warning] Forcing shutdown of 1 plugins
mysqld: 091223 9:15:14 [Note] /usr/sbin/mysqld: Shutdown complete
mysqld:
mysqld from pid file /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid ended





------------------------------

Message: 5
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 10:33:13 -0500
From: Mike McGinn <mikemcginn@mcginnweb.net>
Subject: Re: MySQL problem after upgrade
To: "Ubuntu user technical support, not for general discussions"
<ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com>
Message-ID: <200912231033.13937.mikemcginn@mcginnweb.net>
Content-Type: Text/Plain; charset="iso-8859-15"


On Wednesday 23 December 2009 10:24:32 Michael Satterwhite wrote:
> I've just done the upgrade to 9.10. Most things went very smoothly,
but
> I've got a snag. MySQL isn't running, and I can't figure out why.
>
> When I run mysqld_safe (as root, of course), I get the following
messages:
>
> mysqld_safe Logging to syslog.
> mysqld_safe Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /var/lib/mysql
> mysqld_safe mysqld from pid file /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid ended
>
> Looking at syslog, I do see a statement that I should run
mysql_upgrade. I
> tried to do that, but it failed with the message Can't connect to
local
> MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) when
trying
> to connect Note that the .sock file doesn't exist.
>
> Can anyone offer any help? I'd appreciate it greatly.
>
> In syslog, I have the following messages from trying to run
mysqld_safe:
>
> mysqld_safe: Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /var/lib/mysql
> kernel: [58516.376931] type=1503 audit(1261581313.299:112):
> operation="open" pid=9681 parent=9564 profile="/usr/sbin/mysqld"
> requested_mask="r::" denied_mask="r::" fsuid=0 ouid=0
> name="/sys/devices/system/cpu/"
> kernel: [58516.377792] type=1503 audit(1261581313.299:113):
> operation="open" pid=9681 parent=9564 profile="/usr/sbin/mysqld"
> requested_mask="::r" denied_mask="::r" fsuid=0 ouid=1000
> name="/home/michael/.my.cnf"
> mysqld: 091223 9:15:13 [Warning] The syntax '--log' is deprecated and
will
> be removed in MySQL 7.0. Please use
'--general_log'/'--general_log_file'
> instead. mysqld: 091223 9:15:13 [Note] Plugin 'FEDERATED' is
disabled.
> mysqld: /usr/sbin/mysqld: Table 'mysql.plugin' doesn't exist
> mysqld: 091223 9:15:13 [ERROR] Can't open the mysql.plugin table.
Please
> run mysql_upgrade to create it.
> mysqld: 091223 9:15:13 InnoDB: Started; log sequence number 0
883394962
> mysqld: 091223 9:15:13 [ERROR] /usr/sbin/mysqld: unknown option
> '--skip-bdb' mysqld: 091223 9:15:13 [ERROR] Aborting
> mysqld:
> mysqld: 091223 9:15:13 InnoDB: Starting shutdown...
> mysqld: 091223 9:15:14 InnoDB: Shutdown completed; log sequence
number 0
> 883394962
> mysqld: 091223 9:15:14 [Warning] Forcing shutdown of 1 plugins
> mysqld: 091223 9:15:14 [Note] /usr/sbin/mysqld: Shutdown complete
> mysqld:
> mysqld from pid file /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid ended
>
I had the same problem. I had to comment out the "skip-bdb" line is
/etc/mysql/my.cnf. I found it by digging through logs.

Hope this helps.

--
Mike McGinn FACOCM
No electrons were harmed in sending this message.
My deeds are my dearest companions. I am the beneficiary of my deeds.
My deeds are the ground on which I stand. ** Registered Linux User
377849



------------------------------

Message: 6
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 09:34:28 -0600
From: "Neil Aggarwal" <neil@JAMMConsulting.com>
Subject: RE: MySQL problem after upgrade
To: "'Ubuntu user technical support, not for general discussions'"
<ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com>
Message-ID: <7BE7D96B055E491787A747C5C1D5F981@neilhp>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"

Micheal:

> mysqld: 091223 9:15:13 [ERROR] /usr/sbin/mysqld: unknown option
'--skip-bdb'
> mysqld: 091223 9:15:13 [ERROR] Aborting

Are you using BDB tables?

According to this page:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/bdb-storage-engine.html

BDB support will be removed.
Note that, as of MySQL 5.1, BDB isn't supported any longer.

If you are not using BDB tables, try removing that option.

I hope this helps,
Neil

--
Neil Aggarwal, (281)846-8957, http://UnmeteredVPS.net
Host Joomla!, Wordpress, phpBB, or vBulletin for $25/mo
Unmetered bandwidth = no overage charges, 7 day free trial




------------------------------

Message: 7
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 09:42:27 -0600
From: Michael Satterwhite <michael@weblore.com>
Subject: Re: MySQL problem after upgrade - SOLVED
To: mikemcginn@mcginnweb.net, "Ubuntu user technical support, not for
general discussions" <ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com>
Message-ID: <200912230942.27826.michael@weblore.com>
Content-Type: Text/Plain; charset="iso-8859-1"

On Wednesday 23 December 2009 09:33:13 am Mike McGinn wrote:
> On Wednesday 23 December 2009 10:24:32 Michael Satterwhite wrote:
> > I've just done the upgrade to 9.10. Most things went very smoothly,
but
> > I've got a snag. MySQL isn't running, and I can't figure out why.
<SNIP>
> I had the same problem. I had to comment out the "skip-bdb" line is
> /etc/mysql/my.cnf. I found it by digging through logs.
>
> Hope this helps.

It solved the problem. Thanks much



------------------------------

Message: 8
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 11:07:15 -0600
From: "UNGER, JOHN WM" <JWU001@SHSU.EDU>
Subject: Need to recover from an ID-10-T error.
To: "ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com" <ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com>
Message-ID:
<4044FC66C883714DAADB9D07D979B88401BE9294DE51@EXMB X3.SHSU.EDU>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"

I made a dumb error in trying to solve a problem with the updates saying
there is not enough room in /boot.

I moved the files from /boot to a temporary directory and then neglected
to move them back before rebooting. Now I get a "File not found" error
when booting.

I can boot from the install cd, but would prefer not to re-install the
entire OS if at all possible.
I have been able to move the files back into /boot, but still get the
"File not found" error. I attempted to copy the files from the CD's
/boot and put them in the HD /boot - same result.

I have not redirected any files, nor renamed any.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
John U.


------------------------------

Message: 9
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 17:22:21 -0000
From: Steve <yorvik.ubunto@googlemail.com>
Subject: Re: Need to recover from an ID-10-T error.
To: "Ubuntu user technical support, not for general discussions"
<ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com>
Message-ID: <op.u5eijjr13z9ow3@wharfe>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8; format=flowed; delsp=yes

On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 17:07:15 -0000, UNGER, JOHN WM <JWU001@shsu.edu>
wrote:

> I made a dumb error in trying to solve a problem with the updates
saying
> there is not enough room in /boot.
>
> I moved the files from /boot to a temporary directory and then
neglected
> to move them back before rebooting. Now I get a "File not found" error

> when booting.
>
> I can boot from the install cd, but would prefer not to re-install the

> entire OS if at all possible.
> I have been able to move the files back into /boot, but still get the

> "File not found" error. I attempted to copy the files from the CD's
> /boot and put them in the HD /boot - same result.
>
> I have not redirected any files, nor renamed any.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> John U.
>
Which version of Ubuntu are you using, if 9.10 are you using GRUB2

--
Steve



------------------------------

Message: 10
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 22:54:15 +0530
From: ajrendra gaurav <ajrendra@gmail.com>
Subject: GRUB Loading.
To: ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Message-ID:
<91978d320912230924y7b508f22o93064af026687a18@mail .gmail.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"

Hi,
I have recently installed ubuntu 9.10. After installing it I have
restarted my laptop. I am able to boot ububtu again. but then I have
some
work on windows after finishing my work on windows, I again restart my
laptop then "GRUB Loading. " came on the screen and the screen freeze on
it.Now I am unable to start either windows or ubuntu. every time screen
freezes on GRUB Loading. I have windows XP SP2. Please
help................
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-users/attachments/20091223/e9e5
9178/attachment.htm

------------------------------

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users


End of ubuntu-users Digest, Vol 64, Issue 237
*********************************************


The information in this email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmissions, dissemination or other use of or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you receive this email in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.



--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 01-07-2010, 08:42 PM
jorge a secas
 
Default help

we at work have some PC's with 256 MB RAM, the graphical mode doesn't load, so we choice the text mode, but in all machines we get the same error, Anaconda 12.47

do you have an idea how to solve it?

txs.

El NUEVO Internet Explorer 8 es el navegador ms rpido y seguro Descrgalo gratis!
--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Communicate/MailingListGuidelines
 
Old 01-07-2010, 09:58 PM
Chris Smart
 
Default help

2010/1/8 jorge a secas <talalek@hotmail.com>:
> we at work have some PC's with 256 MB RAM, the graphical mode doesn't load,
> so we choice the text mode, but in all machines we get the same error,
> Anaconda 12.47
>
> do you have an idea how to solve it?
>

I don't know what that error is, but AFAIK the minimum amount of RAM
has changed to more than 256MB, so you won't be able to run the
graphical mode.

-c

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Communicate/MailingListGuidelines
 
Old 01-07-2010, 10:16 PM
Paul
 
Default help

Hi,

> we at work have some PC's with 256 MB RAM, the graphical mode doesn't
> load, so we choice the text mode, but in all machines we get the same
> error, Anaconda 12.47

Which version of Fedora are you using and what is the video card in the
machines?

TTFN

Paul

--
Sie können mich aufreizen und wirklich heiß machen!
--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Communicate/MailingListGuidelines
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 07:57 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org