Old 10-06-2010, 01:57 PM
Bruno Wolff III

Default hedgewars and ghc-hslogger

I have hedgewars 0.9.14 ready to go for F14 (it's already in rawhide), but
the server part depends on ghc-logger (previously the logging stuff was
hacked out) which is a new package sitting in updates-testing. I can't
build the F14 hedgewars until ghc-hslogger reaches stable. If any of
you are capable of testing ghc-hslogger, please do so and provide appropriate
karma.
If we can't get further testing of ghc-hslogger, it will go into stable
on the 10th or 11th, with the freeze happing on the 12th. At which point
there will be little time to test hedewars. (Even if hedgewars were to
go in today, it would still need karma to go in before the freeze.) So
I'll also be looking for hedgewars testers, possible in a very short window.
I'll send another message when I have been able to do an F14 build.

Old 10-06-2010, 02:24 PM
Hans de Goede

Hi,

On 10/06/2010 03:57 PM, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> I have hedgewars 0.9.14 ready to go for F14 (it's already in rawhide), but
> the server part depends on ghc-logger (previously the logging stuff was
> hacked out) which is a new package sitting in updates-testing. I can't
> build the F14 hedgewars until ghc-hslogger reaches stable.

You can request a buildroot override for it. Figure out what (Build)Requires
it (so that rel-eng can estimate the impact) and file a rel-eng ticket
asking for it to be tagged into the F-14 buildroot so that you can build
the new hedgewars. Then you can also add the new hedgewars to the some
bodhi ticket, pushing them at once, ensuring there are no dep problems:
https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/newticket

Regards,

Hans

Old 10-10-2010, 02:09 PM
Bruno Wolff III

On Wed, Oct 06, 2010 at 08:57:59 -0500,
Bruno Wolff III <bruno@wolff.to> wrote:
> I have hedgewars 0.9.14 ready to go for F14 (it's already in rawhide), but
> the server part depends on ghc-logger (previously the logging stuff was
> hacked out) which is a new package sitting in updates-testing. I can't
> build the F14 hedgewars until ghc-hslogger reaches stable. If any of
> you are capable of testing ghc-hslogger, please do so and provide appropriate
> karma.

That was supposed to say 0.9.13, not 0.9.14. 0.9.14 has a preview out, but
hasn't been released yet.

Anyway 0.9.13 has been built for F14 and is available at:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/hedgewars-0.9.13-3.fc14

Appropriate karma feedback would be appreciated. Final freeze is on the 12th.

P.S.
I think I had a lot of 14s in my head (from blobwars update I was looking at,
the upcomin fedora release and the hedgewars preview release) when I wrote the