Old 09-14-2010, 08:12 PM
Dale Macartney

Default combat flight sim

Evening all

Just a quick email to those in the know.

I'm seeking an opensource combat flight sim for F13 (x86_64). Windows games of the like are Battle Field 2 (flying with jets and heli's), M$ Combat Flight Sim and Hawx 2.

I haven't managed to come across anything with graphics which are comparable to these Windows games on any linux platform. My goal is to avoid going back to a dual boot just got a game I might play once or twice a month.

I currently use X-Plane and dabble with FlightGear and the graphics are quite reasonable, but the big thing I am looking for in such a game is team dogfighting.

If someone has any recommendations and/or previous experience with these kinds of games, I'd appreciate any suggest you might have.

thanks

Steve