Old 06-04-2010, 08:17 PM
Kory Hansen

Default Battle Tanks update

Hi everyone.
Battle Tanks 0.9.8083 is available. I don't know if you want to package it or not.
P.S. Are these notifications doing any good?
--
SuperTuxKart
supertuxkart.sf.net

stked.webs.com

Old 06-04-2010, 08:59 PM
Bruno Wolff III

On Fri, Jun 04, 2010 at 13:17:38 -0700,
Kory Hansen <tuxfanfgd@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone.
> Battle Tanks 0.9.8083 is available. I don't know if you want to package it
> or not.
> P.S. Are these notifications doing any good?

Is that an update of the btanks package? If so, the proper way to request
an update is to file a big against btanks.
If not you can add it to the wish list on the games wiki.
(http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Games/WishList)
The wish list will same the request for posterity, not necessarily get
someone to work on it. Which is better than leaving a notice behind in the
mailining list archives.

Old 06-05-2010, 01:03 AM
Kory Hansen

File a big? 0.9.8083 is just available in source code for all I know.

Old 06-05-2010, 02:51 AM
Bruno Wolff III

On Fri, Jun 04, 2010 at 18:03:04 -0700,
Kory Hansen <tuxfanfgd@gmail.com> wrote:
> File a big? 0.9.8083 is just available in source code for all I know.

That was a typo. I meant 'bug'.

Old 06-07-2010, 03:41 PM
Kory Hansen

Oh..... Shouldn't I just contact the maintainer of Battle Tanks? I wouldn't exactly call an outdated version a bug...

Old 06-07-2010, 03:50 PM
Jon Ciesla

No, but having it in bugzilla helps us document the update and provides
a reference and a place for discussion, and is more public, so that if
the maintainer lets it slide for whatever reason, someone else can see
it and take care of it.* It's how I prefer to be notified for my
packages.

Oh..... Shouldn't I just contact the maintainer of Battle
Tanks? I wouldn't exactly call an outdated version a bug...

On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 7:51 PM, Bruno Wolff
> File a big? 0.9.8083 is just available in
source code for all I know.

That was a typo. I meant 'bug'.

--

SuperTuxKart