-   Fedora Games (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-games/)
-   -   Games packaging guidelines (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-games/24059-games-packaging-guidelines.html)

Rahul Sundaram 12-28-2007 01:52 PM

Games packaging guidelines

Hi

I noticed that we have some games specific guidelines at
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Games#head-367e7208aacfec8f8aff1b34c1795e43c0967ecd

Shouldn't that be somewhere under packaging guidelines or atleast be
referred to from it? I can propose this as a draft to the packaging
committee if the games SIG is supportive of that. For someone newly
packaging a game, the games specific packaging guidelines are not
visible at all currently.

Rahul

Hans de Goede 01-01-2008 06:33 PM

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

Hi

I noticed that we have some games specific guidelines at
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Games#head-367e7208aacfec8f8aff1b34c1795e43c0967ecd

Shouldn't that be somewhere under packaging guidelines or atleast be
referred to from it?

A link to it would be good I guess

I can propose this as a draft to the packaging
committee if the games SIG is supportive of that. For someone newly
packaging a game, the games specific packaging guidelines are not
visible at all currently.

Before being proposed they would need some polishing, esp the one about
packaging data seperately needs to be clarified and once it is clarified its
kinda already in the guidelines (which already contain text about having one
srpm per upstream tarbal AFAIK), the others are mostly little (often important_
details so I'm not sure if they should be made into generic guidelines.

But a pointer to them definetely is a good idea.

Regards,

Hans

Rahul Sundaram 01-01-2008 06:40 PM

Hans de Goede wrote:

Before being proposed they would need some polishing, esp the one about
packaging data seperately needs to be clarified and once it is clarified
its kinda already in the guidelines (which already contain text about
having one srpm per upstream tarbal AFAIK), the others are mostly little
(often important_ details so I'm not sure if they should be made into
generic guidelines.

But a pointer to them definetely is a good idea.

I split some of the information in the games sig page into their own sub
pages as it was getting too long and I think more of that needs to be done.

The current guidelines are now at

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Games/Packaging

Please clarify any information needed and let me know so that I can
propose adding a link to it to the packaging committee. Weren't you
planning to becoming a member BTW?

Rahul

Hans de Goede 01-01-2008 07:59 PM

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

Hans de Goede wrote:

Before being proposed they would need some polishing, esp the one
about packaging data seperately needs to be clarified and once it is
clarified its kinda already in the guidelines (which already contain
text about having one srpm per upstream tarbal AFAIK), the others are
mostly little (often important_ details so I'm not sure if they should
be made into generic guidelines.

But a pointer to them definetely is a good idea.

I split some of the information in the games sig page into their own sub
pages as it was getting too long and I think more of that needs to be done.

Thanks,

That indeed was necessary

Please clarify any information needed and let me know so that I can
propose adding a link to it to the packaging committee. Weren't you
planning to becoming a member BTW?

I volunteered yes, I haven't heard anything since.

Regards,

Hans

Rahul Sundaram 01-01-2008 08:46 PM

Hans de Goede wrote:

I volunteered yes, I haven't heard anything since.

Can you send a mail to the fedora-packaging list?

Rahul