-   Fedora Games (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-games/)
-   -   Another games spin update (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-games/212914-another-games-spin-update.html)

Bruno Wolff III 12-16-2008 03:22 PM

Another games spin update

I have successfully tested a games spin with some caveats.

When I switched to including fedora-livecd-desktop.ks instead of
fedora-live-base.ks the size of the spin increased to 4095MB. This
is on the verge of not working with livecd-creator as it is now.

However, I have done a successful test with a version that was larger
than 4GiB using a modified version of livecd-creator that uses udf instead
of iso9660. I have made a feature request (bug 476696) to get this
included in the rawhide version of livecd-tools.

Several games are still having install issues. At least one was only going to
be fixed in rawhide, so when I switch to rawhide I should pick up a few
more fixes. If some are still broken around the time of the alpha I'll
ask for some help getting the changes put in. These are just simple spec
file additions, so it shouldn't be a big deal.

The testing I have been doing so far has been with F10 + Updates +
Updates-testing. I am in the process of getting rawhide on my home
machine. That should happen by the end of the weekend. Once it does I will
be doing all of my testing in rawhide.

If the livecd-creator changes are rejected I'll probably need to cut some stuff
out. It looks like the desktop spin brings in a few apps that we don't really
need and we can probably get enough space from that.

I think I am at the point where I need to do feature related stuff. What do
I do to bring the feature request to the attention of the people who make
that decision?

Bruno Wolff III 12-17-2008 07:07 PM

Another games spin update

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 10:22:50 -0600,
Bruno Wolff III <bruno@wolff.to> wrote:

> I think I am at the point where I need to do feature related stuff. What do
> I do to bring the feature request to the attention of the people who make
> that decision?

I attended the FESCO meeting at lunch today and found out more about the
procedure.

I took some more ownership of the feature (it now has just my name on it,
though I will need/want some help executing the test plan).

I added it to the ready for feature wrangler category. There won't be another
FESCO meeting until January 7th, so it won't be approved before then.
I plan on doing the work to make it work whether or not it ends up being a
feature so I won't be waiting for approval before continuing.

The feature page now has links to related bugs.

Hans de Goede 12-18-2008 07:28 AM

Another games spin update

Bruno Wolff III wrote:

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 10:22:50 -0600,
I think I am at the point where I need to do feature related stuff. What do
I do to bring the feature request to the attention of the people who make
that decision?

I attended the FESCO meeting at lunch today and found out more about the
procedure.

I took some more ownership of the feature (it now has just my name on it,
though I will need/want some help executing the test plan).

I added it to the ready for feature wrangler category. There won't be another
FESCO meeting until January 7th, so it won't be approved before then.
I plan on doing the work to make it work whether or not it ends up being a
feature so I won't be waiting for approval before continuing.

The feature page now has links to related bugs.

Great, keep up the good work!

Regards,

Hans