Old 12-15-2008, 02:47 PM
Bruno Wolff III

Default Games Spin status update

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 08:04:03 -0600,
Bruno Wolff III <bruno@wolff.to> wrote:
> I'll look at testing that if I can figure out how to pass that option.
> Another approach would be to split the file system into two files. That would
> be significantly more work and may not be worth it for only a small gain on
> DVDs. (Though with liveusb images becoming popular going over 4GB might
> have more demand.)

I modified live.py to pass -allow-limited-size to mkisofs and got past the
error point I had run into previously (before removing vdrift and uqm). I
won't be able to test the resulting iso on a dvd until tonight. If that works
I'll file a feature request to livecd-tools for this.

This isn't strictly necessary now, but if we want to add a couple of more
games for F11 this would give us some extra space to work with. Also
going forward it might be useful for live usb spins where there is room for
a lot more stuff.

Old 03-03-2009, 05:08 AM
Bruno Wolff III

I checked for games that can only be used if material is downloaded from
a third party site and removed the following from the games spin:
bolzplatz2006
clonekeen
quake3
quake3-demo
rott-shareware
vavoom

I have yet to recheck the space. If this saves a lot more space than I am
expecting, I'll test adding openarena back. (openarena will pull in the
quake3 engine, so it still wouldn't need to be in the ks file.)