Old 12-15-2007, 03:11 AM
Bruno Wolff III

Default Guidelines for packaging java programs?

Is there a good place to read up on how java programs (this is related to
trying to package Colossus) should be installed on Fedora? I am particularly
looking for guidelines on where to install the various peices. Other info
for someone that doesn't do java coding would be useful. The project provides
a build.xml file suitable for ant and that's what I was plannig to use
for the build process unless there is some reason I shouldn't.

Old 12-16-2007, 07:34 AM
Rahul Sundaram

Bruno Wolff III wrote:

Is there a good place to read up on how java programs (this is related to
trying to package Colossus) should be installed on Fedora? I am particularly
looking for guidelines on where to install the various peices. Other info
for someone that doesn't do java coding would be useful. The project provides
a build.xml file suitable for ant and that's what I was plannig to use
for the build process unless there is some reason I shouldn't.

There isn't any good guidelines documented yet. Might ask in
fedora-java-devel list.

Rahul