Old 12-10-2008, 03:43 PM
Bruno Wolff III

Default Making a games spin?

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 08:07:28 -0600,
Bruno Wolff III <bruno@wolff.to> wrote:

> I am not sure what was limiting things to 4GiB instead of 4.7GB. Since
> we are really close to that limit I'll do a bit of investigation there
> after seeing if the livedvd actually works as expected.

Nope. But I think the problem was using a space in the file system label.
The label didn't get quoted in the grub.conf file. I'll retest that and
if manually putting quotes in gets me further I'll file a bug against
livecd-creator. In the meantime I am rebuilding a new one using a name
that seems to match what the F8 game spin was named (replacing 8 with 10).

Old 12-10-2008, 05:38 PM
Bruno Wolff III

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 10:43:20 -0600,
Bruno Wolff III <bruno@wolff.to> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 08:07:28 -0600,
> Bruno Wolff III <bruno@wolff.to> wrote:
> >
> > I am not sure what was limiting things to 4GiB instead of 4.7GB. Since
> > we are really close to that limit I'll do a bit of investigation there
> > after seeing if the livedvd actually works as expected.
>
> Nope. But I think the problem was using a space in the file system label.
> The label didn't get quoted in the grub.conf file. I'll retest that and
> if manually putting quotes in gets me further I'll file a bug against
> livecd-creator. In the meantime I am rebuilding a new one using a name
> that seems to match what the F8 game spin was named (replacing 8 with 10).

I have filed bugs against livecd-creator for the space in file system
label problem (475834) and the problem with coreutils being installed
too late (475836). Hopefully the latter one gets fixed, as I am not sure
how badly that screws up games where the scripts fail.

Old 12-10-2008, 07:30 PM
Bruno Wolff III

On Wed, Dec 03, 2008 at 09:17:04 +0100,
Hans de Goede <j.w.r.degoede@hhs.nl> wrote:

> If you're planning on doing this anyways it would be great if you could
> perhaps become the maintainer of an official Fedora Games spin?

Since I seem to be sucked into this and have been having some limited
success in at least finding problems, where do a publish changes to?

Can I file a bug against spin-kickstarts with a patch fedora-livedvd-games.ks
when I am ready?

What about documentation of the livecd-creator command used to build the
iso?

I am guessing I don't build the iso that gets published, since that should
probably done by someone else (release engineering?). How does coordinating
with that other person work in order to get test spins out for rawhide?

The included fedora-live-base.ks file indicates what repos get looked at.
It is delivered looking at rawhide and there doesn't appear to be a way
to override that on the livecd-creator command. Do I need to worry about
or is it something the person who builds the release version of the games
spin going to know how to deal with correctly?

Old 12-11-2008, 03:09 AM
Rahul Sundaram

Bruno Wolff III wrote:

On Wed, Dec 03, 2008 at 09:17:04 +0100,
If you're planning on doing this anyways it would be great if you could
perhaps become the maintainer of an official Fedora Games spin?

Since I seem to be sucked into this and have been having some limited
success in at least finding problems, where do a publish changes to?

Can I file a bug against spin-kickstarts with a patch fedora-livedvd-games.ks
when I am ready?

Yes or request commit access and do it yourself. You got to learn the
basics of git for that.

What about documentation of the livecd-creator command used to build the
iso?

Are you asking where it is?

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_create_and_use_Fedora_LiveCD

I am guessing I don't build the iso that gets published, since that should
probably done by someone else (release engineering?). How does coordinating
with that other person work in order to get test spins out for rawhide?

Yes, keep in touch with release eng via rel-eng AT fedoraproject.org or
dropping a mail to their mailing list. Josh Boyer usually does a compose
on the server side in a virtual machine.

The included fedora-live-base.ks file indicates what repos get looked at.
It is delivered looking at rawhide and there doesn't appear to be a way
to override that on the livecd-creator command. Do I need to worry about
or is it something the person who builds the release version of the games
spin going to know how to deal with correctly?

They should be able to adjust the repos at compose time, yes. A reminder
can't hurt.

Rahul

Old 12-11-2008, 03:19 AM
Bruno Wolff III

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 09:39:29 +0530,
Rahul Sundaram <sundaram@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Bruno Wolff III wrote:
>
>> What about documentation of the livecd-creator command used to build the
>> iso?
>
> Are you asking where it is?

No, but rather where I document any parameters that I provide to build
the games spin. Maybe release engineering worries about picking the
file sysme label and that kind of stuff and I don't need to tell them
anything but the kickstart file name?

Old 12-11-2008, 03:40 AM
Rahul Sundaram

Bruno Wolff III wrote:

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 09:39:29 +0530,
What about documentation of the livecd-creator command used to build the
iso?

Are you asking where it is?

No, but rather where I document any parameters that I provide to build
the games spin. Maybe release engineering worries about picking the
file sysme label and that kind of stuff and I don't need to tell them
anything but the kickstart file name?

I haven't given them anything but the kickstart before but if we need to
coordinate this, perhaps you should add it as a comment on top of the
kickstart file and let rel-eng know.

Rahul