-   Fedora Games (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-games/)
-   -   Anyone interested in packaging Apricot?? (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-games/149553-anyone-interested-packaging-apricot.html)

Hans de Goede 08-27-2008 09:05 AM

Anyone interested in packaging Apricot??

Hi all,

As some of you probably already know a few blender artists and crystalspace
developers have been working fulltime on this new completely FREE (both art and
code) game called Apricot:

http://www.yofrankie.org/

They are now almost done and are looking for people to package it up for
various distro's. I've offered todo that, but I'm currently suffering from a
serious -ENOTIME situation, so I was hoping there are other people here who are
willing to pick this up. If you do you can mail me for help any time!

Apricot uses crystalspace and needs a special svn snapshot, you do not need to
worry about parallel installability with the regular crystalspace, as that has
no users in Fedora so you can just upgrade the current crystalspace package to
the "blessed" svn snapshot:

http://crystal.svn.sourceforge.net/crystal/CS/tags/V1.9pre20080725/

Apricot also uses CEL, same story:
https://cel.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/cel/cel/tags/V1.9pre20080728

For apricot itself just use the latest svn.

Thanks & Regards,

Hans

"Jon Ciesla" 08-27-2008 01:22 PM

Anyone interested in packaging Apricot??

> Hi all,
>
> As some of you probably already know a few blender artists and
> crystalspace
> developers have been working fulltime on this new completely FREE (both
> art and
> code) game called Apricot:
> http://www.yofrankie.org/
>
> They are now almost done and are looking for people to package it up for
> various distro's. I've offered todo that, but I'm currently suffering from
> serious -ENOTIME situation, so I was hoping there are other people here
> who are
> willing to pick this up. If you do you can mail me for help any time!
>
> Apricot uses crystalspace and needs a special svn snapshot, you do not
> need to
> worry about parallel installability with the regular crystalspace, as that
> has
> no users in Fedora so you can just upgrade the current crystalspace
> package to
> the "blessed" svn snapshot:
> http://crystal.svn.sourceforge.net/crystal/CS/tags/V1.9pre20080725/
>
> Apricot also uses CEL, same story:
> https://cel.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/cel/cel/tags/V1.9pre20080728
>
> For apricot itself just use the latest svn.

Looks cool. I don't think I have the time for something quite that
involved right now, although I may try later if no one else does.

Interesting timing, I just posted a review request for apricots, a 2D air
combat game, nothing like this game in any way. :)

> Thanks & Regards,
>
> Hans

novus ordo absurdum