Old 08-10-2008, 11:33 AM
"Peter Lemenkov"

Default Good candidate for packaging: Conquest

http://www.radscan.com/conquest.html
http://www.radscan.com/conquest.html#SCREENSHOTS

### Copyright Information

C O N Q U E S T (VAX/VMS Ratfor)

Copyright (C)1983-1986 by Jef Poskanzer and Craig Leres

Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software and
its documentation for any purpose and without fee is hereby
granted, provided that this copyright notice appear in all copies
and in all supporting documentation. Jef Poskanzer and Craig
Leres make no representations about the suitability of this
software for any purpose. It is provided "as is" without express
or implied warranty.

Unix/C specific porting and supporting code Copyright
(C)1994-2006 by Jon Trulson <jon@radscan.com> under the same
terms, conditions, and restrictions of the original copyright by
Jef Poskanzer and Craig Leres.

(1/28/99) Due to a little prodding from Sunsite, I've decided on
the ARTISTIC LICENSE (see the LICENSE file) for Conquest.

Just FYI.
--
With best regards!

Old 08-10-2008, 11:44 AM
Jason L Tibbitts III

PL> (1/28/99) Due to a little prodding from Sunsite, I've decided
PL> on the ARTISTIC LICENSE (see the LICENSE file) for Conquest.

Version 1 of the Artistic license is not permitted in Fedora. Which
version is this under?

- J<

Old 08-10-2008, 12:23 PM
"Peter Lemenkov"

10 Aug 2008 06:44:25 -0500, Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs@math.uh.edu>:

> PL> (1/28/99) Due to a little prodding from Sunsite, I've decided
> PL> on the ARTISTIC LICENSE (see the LICENSE file) for Conquest.
>
> Version 1 of the Artistic license is not permitted in Fedora. Which
> version is this under?

Licensing terms for Conquest:

http://conq.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/conq/trunk/LICENSE?revision=148&view=markup

For me it looks like Artistic License v.1

http://www.opensource.org/licenses/artistic-license-1.0.php

Too sad.

--
With best regards!

Old 08-10-2008, 12:37 PM
Rahul Sundaram

Peter Lemenkov wrote:

10 Aug 2008 06:44:25 -0500, Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs@math.uh.edu>:

"PL" == Peter Lemenkov <lemenkov@gmail.com> writes:

PL> (1/28/99) Due to a little prodding from Sunsite, I've decided
PL> on the ARTISTIC LICENSE (see the LICENSE file) for Conquest.

Version 1 of the Artistic license is not permitted in Fedora. Which
version is this under?

Licensing terms for Conquest:

http://conq.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/conq/trunk/LICENSE?revision=148&view=markup

For me it looks like Artistic License v.1

http://www.opensource.org/licenses/artistic-license-1.0.php

As noted in the OSI link above, artistic 1.0 has legal issues and is a
deprecated license. It is not permitted for new packages for quite
sometime now though packages that were earlier included still are there
while some folks were trying to get them relicensed after discussions
with the various upstream projects. Fedora 10 will have no more artistic
1.0 licensed packages anymore.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Artistic1Removal

If possible, point upstream to this page and see if they are interested
to move to artistic 2.0 or one of the many other permitted licenses.

Rahul