Old 07-05-2008, 12:49 AM
Rahul Sundaram

Default Apricot - A blender game project

Hi,

Might want to keep a close eye on this one.

http://apricot.blender.org/

"After Orange and Peach, Blender Institute continues with a new open
project: Apricot. This time it isn’t a movie but a 3D game! Starting
february 1st 2008, a small team of again the best 3D artist and
developers will develop a game jointly with the on-line community. The
main characters in the game are based on the short 3D animation open
movie Peach"

Rahul

Old 07-05-2008, 07:02 AM
Hans de Goede

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

Hi,

Might want to keep a close eye on this one.

http://apricot.blender.org/

"After Orange and Peach, Blender Institute continues with a new open
project: Apricot. This time it isn’t a movie but a 3D game! Starting
february 1st 2008, a small team of again the best 3D artist and
developers will develop a game jointly with the on-line community. The
main characters in the game are based on the short 3D animation open
movie Peach"

I'm on it, I've already packaged crystalspace and cel (older versions
though) and I've managed to convince upstream todo tarbal releases of
the needed versions for apricot instead of relying on people packaging
random cvs snapshots.

Regards,

Hans

Old 07-06-2008, 03:21 AM
Ric Moore

On Sat, 2008-07-05 at 09:02 +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
> Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Might want to keep a close eye on this one.
> >
> > http://apricot.blender.org/
> >
> > "After Orange and Peach, Blender Institute continues with a new open
> > project: Apricot. This time it isn’t a movie but a 3D game! Starting
> > february 1st 2008, a small team of again the best 3D artist and
> > developers will develop a game jointly with the on-line community. The
> > main characters in the game are based on the short 3D animation open
> > movie Peach"
> >

> I'm on it, I've already packaged crystalspace and cel (older versions
> though) and I've managed to convince upstream todo tarbal releases of
> the needed versions for apricot instead of relying on people packaging
> random cvs snapshots.

That is about as slick a game that I've seen in a long time! Great
addition candidate to the game collection. Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar
https://oar.dev.java.net/
Verizon Cell # 336-254-1339