Old 06-03-2008, 02:36 PM
"Sanga M. Collins"

Default console breaks after installinglibnss-ldap and libpam-ldap

I have narrowed this problem
down to one of the config files in /etc/pam.d/ can anyone help me resolve this
problem or at least point me in the right direction. I would really like to use
FDS to replace all of our Active directory and novell e-directory domain
controllers (we have about 47 domains) I am trying to make the case for open
source directory management with my employers and the way things are going,
they are considering just forking over the money to M$ and Novell [arrgggghhhh]

*

Any way here are my pam.d
configs

*

******************************* ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

******************************* #
/etc/pam.d/common-account - authorization settings common to all services

******************************* #

******************************* #
This file is included from other service-specific PAM config files,

******************************* #
and should contain a list of the authorization modules that define

******************************* #
the central access policy for use on the system.* The default is to

******************************* #
only deny service to users whose accounts are expired in /etc/shadow.

******************************* #

******************************* #
pre_auth-client-config # account*****
required******* pam_unix.so

******************************* account***
sufficient** pam_ldap.so

******************************* account***
required**** pam_unix.so

******************************* #

******************************* ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

******************************* #
/etc/pam.d/common-auth - authentication settings common to all services

******************************* #

******************************* #
pre_auth-client-config # auth requisite******
pam_unix.so nullok_secure

******************************* #
pre_auth-client-config # auth
optional******* pam_smbpass.so migrate

******************************* auth******
sufficient** pam_ldap.so

******************************* auth******
required**** pam_unix.so nullok_secure use_first_pass

******************************* #

******************************* ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

******************************* #
/etc/pam.d/common-password - password-related modules common to all services

******************************* #

******************************* #
pre_auth-client-config # password** optional**
pam_smbpass.so nullok use_authtok use_first_pass

******************************* password**
sufficient** pam_ldap.so

******************************* password**
required**** pam_unix.so nullok obscure min=4 max=8 md5

******************************* #

******************************* ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

/etc/pam.d/common-session - session-related modules common to all services

pre_auth-client-config # session********** required************* pam_unix.so

sufficient***** pam_ldap.so

session
required******* pam_unix.so