Old 05-27-2008, 03:48 PM
Rich Megginson

Default Which RFC covers Persistent Search Control

Chun Tat David Chu wrote:

Hi all,

I know that Fedora LDAP supports Persistent Search Control, but I'm
having difficulty to find the exact RFC that covers persistent search
control.

The closest I can find is
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/01mar/I-D/ldapext-psearch-03.txt

But that doesn't have a RFC # tagged on it.

Please let me know if you know the RFC that covers the persistent
search control.
I don't think the ID was ever pushed through to RFC status. Since that
time, both LCUP and LDAP Sync have been proposed as alternatives, but
Fedora DS does not support either of them.

Thank you!

- dc