Old 05-23-2008, 04:39 PM
Fernando Muñoz

Default FDS instance over UDP port (389)

Hello,

I've got a question,

Is there any way for raise a LDAP instance over 389 UDP port (CLDAP)?

I've been trying to join a WindowsXP machine to a
FDS(backend)-SAMBA3(PDC) environment, and I've got a problem:

Sniffing a WindowsXP (client) machine traffic, I see there are LDAP
petitions (connections) through UDP 389 port, and FDS instance run over
TCP ports.

Thanks,

Old 05-23-2008, 04:42 PM
Rich Megginson

Fernando Muñoz wrote:

Hello,

I've got a question,

Is there any way for raise a LDAP instance over 389 UDP port (CLDAP)?

I've been trying to join a WindowsXP machine to a

FDS(backend)-SAMBA3(PDC) environment, and I've got a problem:

Sniffing a WindowsXP (client) machine traffic, I see there are LDAP
petitions (connections) through UDP 389 port, and FDS instance run over
TCP ports.

No, Fedora DS does not support UDP (CLDAP).

You should check out Samba4.

Thanks,

Old 05-25-2008, 02:51 AM
Howard Chu

Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 10:42:25 -0600
From: Rich Megginson<rmeggins@redhat.com>

Fernando Muñoz wrote:

Hello,

I've got a question,

Is there any way for raise a LDAP instance over 389 UDP port (CLDAP)?

OpenLDAP supports CLDAP. Note that there is no formal spec for this protocol;
there was a draft for LDAPv2 that expired long ago. Microsoft's version of
CLDAP (naturally) does not conform to that draft. OpenLDAP supports both the
expired draft and the Microsoft bastardization thereof, and has done so since
at least 2000.

But offering LDAP over UDP is a far cry from joining an AD environment. (See
PADL's XAD, for instance, which was developed on OpenLDAP and subsequently
sold to Novell.)

I've been trying to join a WindowsXP machine to a
FDS(backend)-SAMBA3(PDC) environment, and I've got a problem:

Sniffing a WindowsXP (client) machine traffic, I see there are LDAP
petitions (connections) through UDP 389 port, and FDS instance run over
TCP ports.

No, Fedora DS does not support UDP (CLDAP).

You should check out Samba4.

Yes, that would probably be the best route now.

--
-- Howard Chu
CTO, Symas Corp. http://www.symas.com

Old 05-28-2008, 06:12 PM
Fernando Muoz

Thanks for yours answers,

I see PADL XAD, and I've a question about it:

Do you know XAD run with a FDS LDAP backend?

Thanks,

El sb, 24-05-2008 a las 19:51 -0700, Howard Chu escribi: