Old 05-22-2008, 08:16 PM
"DeMarco, Dennis"

Default SNMP Monitoring - What's available

I've got a question I've been trying to hunt down.

Is there any way for snmp to monitor connections to the directory
server?

I see there are entries for snmp to see things like # of entries added
since restart.. However are there any good resource summaries I can
monitor? Ie the Performance counters in the admin console?

Thanks,
Dennis

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message. Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.

Old 05-23-2008, 02:17 PM
Rich Megginson

This might help - *http://tinyurl.com/667xpc*

Old 05-23-2008, 05:27 PM
"DeMarco, Dennis"

Thanks,

I already looked through that information. I can not see any snmp way of
asking for # of current connections.

That piece of info would work great to monitor for floods or some other
problem.

The performance counters are stored somewhere, as the admin console
displays them. I just need to track where.

Old 05-23-2008, 06:08 PM
Rich Megginson

DeMarco, Dennis wrote:

Thanks,

I already looked through that information. I can not see any snmp way of
asking for # of current connections.

That piece of info would work great to monitor for floods or some other
problem.

The performance counters are stored somewhere, as the admin console
displays them. I just need to track where.

Sorry, that information is not available via SNMP afaik. It is
available via LDAP in cn=monitor - see *http://tinyurl.com/65tzm8*

Old 05-23-2008, 06:09 PM
"Doug Chapman"

Even though this page is dated, the cacti section is valid:
http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Howto:SNMPMonitoring

The cacti module has Directory binds and searches out of the box.

Old 05-23-2008, 06:14 PM
Tom Throckmorton