Old 05-20-2008, 01:49 PM
"Sanga M. Collins"

Default console breaks after installing libnss-ldap and libpam-ldap

I have successfully installed Fedora ds 1.0.4 on Ubuntu 8.04.
I run into some issues when configuring Pam and Nss for the samba portion. On my
first test server I was able to complete the setup without an y major problems.
On all subsequent servers. I install FDS and successfully start the console and
add one posix user.

*

I then begin installing Pam and Libnss by using the
auth-client-config to automatically configure the files in /etc/pam.d/ as well
as the nssswith.conf. after I do this, I can no longer log in to the console,
and the error logs get filled with the following error.

*

[Mon May 19 00:43:26 2008] [notice] child pid 10675 exit
signal Segmentation fault (11)

*

*

Sanga M.