-   -   389 DS Authentication (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-directory/703727-389-ds-authentication.html)

Vijay Thakur 09-14-2012 07:19 AM

389 DS Authentication

All Experts,

I have posted my query on many places, but got no satisfactory reply. So
i am here for help.

I have configured 389 Directory Server in Centos 5.8. I have added some
users and groups with DS Console. Now i want to authenticate my windows
and linux systems with 389-DS. I have found no information to get system
login (Authenticated) by googling it. How can i add systems in Directory
server.
Kindly suggest that what changes are required at server and client end
(Widnows or Linux) to be authenticated by Directory Server.

Thanks in advance.

Vj++

Grzegorz Dwornicki 09-14-2012 09:24 PM

389 DS Authentication

Hi

I tried using samba with ldap backend for windows authentication. I wass able to login but I didn't try to do more then logging. I was just curious about this.

In this way accounts can have normal linux attributes too. Only problem will be with password sync.

But if you chosse only normal ldap there were some projects like pgina. But i don't know how this work. I heard from friend once about problems but I don't remember the ugly details.

I hope this will help you

Greg.

14 wrz 2012 09:19, "Vijay Thakur" <vijay.thakur@loopmethods.com> napisaƂ(a):