-   -   Expired password still allows samba login (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-directory/701146-expired-password-still-allows-samba-login.html)

Grzegorz Dwornicki 09-06-2012 03:30 PM

Expired password still allows samba login

As i recall from my days as samba admin. Samba had its own attributes and you shold use smb* commands to set expiration of password.

Greg.

06-09-2012 17:26, "David Hoskinson" <david.hoskinson@datatrak.net> napisaŇā(a):

We have discovered that if a 389 ldap account expires due to age, that the user can still use 389 authentication to login to our samba setup.¬* I have set back in time the passwordexpirationtime and sambapwdlastset variables to see if this
blocks access.¬* It does deny ldap login, but samba can still access for same account.¬* Is there something we are missing in our schema in 389 or smb.conf file that will force samba to use the expiration date.

¬*

Our system levels are Oracle Linux 5.5

¬*

389 Files

¬*

389-ds-base-1.2.8.3-1.el5

389-ds-console-doc-1.2.5-1.el5

389-ds-base-libs-1.2.8.3-1.el5

389-adminutil-1.1.13-1.el5

389-ds-console-1.2.5-1.el5

389-admin-console-1.1.7-1.el5

389-console-1.1.4-1.el5

389-ds-1.2.1-1.el5

389-admin-1.1.16-1.el5

389-admin-console-doc-1.1.7-1.el5

389-dsgw-1.1.6-1.el5

¬*

Samba Files on remote server

¬*

samba3-utils-3.6.3-44.el5

samba3-3.6.3-44.el5

samba3-client-3.6.3-44.el5

¬*

Thank you for your guidance…

¬*

¬*

David Hoskinson |
DATATRAK

Systems Engineer

Mayfield Heights, Ohio, USA¬*

+1.440.443.0082 x 124¬*(p)¬*|¬*+1.319.471.3689 (m)

david.hoskinson@datatrak.net¬*|¬*www.datatrak.net

¬*