Linux Archive

Linux Archive (http://www.linux-archive.org/)
-   Fedora Directory (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-directory/)
-   -   389-ds-base-1.2.10.14-1.el5 broke my server (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-directory/699195-389-ds-base-1-2-10-14-1-el5-broke-my-server.html)

Orion Poplawski 08-30-2012 03:54 PM

389-ds-base-1.2.10.14-1.el5 broke my server
 
So, 389-ds-base-1.2.10.14-1.el5 came in today and broke my server, ldap
searches returned the base of the tree but nothing else. I needed to
downgrade to 1.2.9.9 and restore my /etc/dirsrv/slapd-cora directory from backup.


I ran it in debug mode for a bit before reverting. Those logs are here:

http://www.cora.nwra.com/~orion/dirsrv.debug

I also had to remove 50ns-mail.ldif that re-appeared again to avoid conflicts
with my custom 60sendmail.ldif, but I expect that I guess.


--
Orion Poplawski
Technical Manager 303-415-9701 x222
NWRA, Boulder Office FAX: 303-415-9702
3380 Mitchell Lane orion@nwra.com
Boulder, CO 80301 http://www.nwra.com
--
389 users mailing list
389-users@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/389-users

Rich Megginson 08-30-2012 03:59 PM

389-ds-base-1.2.10.14-1.el5 broke my server
 
On 08/30/2012 09:54 AM, Orion Poplawski wrote:
So, 389-ds-base-1.2.10.14-1.el5 came in today and broke my server,
ldap searches returned the base of the tree but nothing else. I
needed to downgrade to 1.2.9.9 and restore my /etc/dirsrv/slapd-cora
directory from backup.


Can you post your errors log from around the time of the upgrade to 1.2.10?



I ran it in debug mode for a bit before reverting. Those logs are here:

http://www.cora.nwra.com/~orion/dirsrv.debug

I also had to remove 50ns-mail.ldif that re-appeared again to avoid
conflicts with my custom 60sendmail.ldif, but I expect that I guess.




--
389 users mailing list
389-users@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/389-users

Rich Megginson 08-30-2012 05:30 PM

389-ds-base-1.2.10.14-1.el5 broke my server
 
On 08/30/2012 09:59 AM, Rich Megginson wrote:

On 08/30/2012 09:54 AM, Orion Poplawski wrote:
So, 389-ds-base-1.2.10.14-1.el5 came in today and broke my server,
ldap searches returned the base of the tree but nothing else. I
needed to downgrade to 1.2.9.9 and restore my /etc/dirsrv/slapd-cora
directory from backup.


Can you post your errors log from around the time of the upgrade to
1.2.10?




I ran it in debug mode for a bit before reverting. Those logs are here:

http://www.cora.nwra.com/~orion/dirsrv.debug

I also had to remove 50ns-mail.ldif that re-appeared again to avoid
conflicts with my custom 60sendmail.ldif, but I expect that I guess.


Ok. I think what happened is that the schema customizations -changing
the standard 50ns-mail.ldif file and copied in 60sendmail.ldif from the
optional schema - have caused an upgrade problem. Schema update happens
very early in the upgrade process because subsequent database operations
are dependent on schema. Schema update replaced the customized
50ns-mail.ldif with the standard one. When the upgrade attempted to
upgrade the database, it failed due to schema conflicts. The solution
is to revert or remove the customized schema files in
/etc/dirsrv/slapd-INST/schema, then upgrade, then reapply the schema
customizations.






--
389 users mailing list
389-users@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/389-users


--
389 users mailing list
389-users@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/389-users


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:19 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.