-   -   Multiple user directories: what is the best practice? (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-directory/694550-multiple-user-directories-what-best-practice.html)

Ray 08-16-2012 10:28 AM

Multiple user directories: what is the best practice?

Hi,

I'm currently using 389 for PAM authentication. I would also like to to
use 389 for Cyrus (IMAP) authentication. However, the set of users for
Cyrus is not the same as for PAM: some users may exist in the set of PAM
users but not in the set of Cyrus users and vice versa. Apart from that,
I want the users to use different passwords for PAM and Cyrus.

What is the best practice to adress this?: Should I set up a different
instance of 389 for Cyrus auth and keep my existing 389 instance for PAM
auth separate? Or is there a way to do this in the same instance?

Cheers,
Ray