Old 08-14-2012, 11:40 AM
Fosiul Alam

Default Modify users attributes

Hi
the theme of this script is , i need to modify uid , password, loginshell

example

ldapsearch -xZZ -D "cn=Directory Manager" -w 'testtest' -b
"dc=fosiul,dc=lan" "(cn=Fosiul Alam)" loginshell uid userPassword
# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# base <dc=fosiul,dc=lan> with scope subtree
# filter: (cn=Fosiul Alam)
# requesting: loginshell uid userPassword
#

# falam, users, UK, fosiul.lan
dn: uid=falam,ou=users,l=UK,dc=fosiul,dc=lan
loginshell: /bin/bash
uid: falam
userPassword:: e1NTSEF9MkpYSGI2bSs3OFk5SlcySG1kOVcxdjFVUFVHMVA3eX I0dFQvZ2c9PQ=
=

# search result
search: 3
result: 0 Success

So i need to modify it with
loginshell: /bin/nologin
uid: delete_falam
userPassword:: asfasfasfasfasfasfasfdPQ=

my first question is :
what would be the ldif file format for these changes ??

Thanks for your help .

Old 08-14-2012, 12:36 PM
Grzegorz Dwornicki

I should look similat to this:

dn: uid=jsmith,ou=users,l=uk,dc=fosiul,dc=lan

changetype: modrdn

newrrdn: uid=new_uid_value

deleteoldrdn: 1
-
changetype: modify
replace: loginshell
loginshell: /bin/nologin
-
modify: userPassword
userPassword: asfasfasfasfasfasfasfdPQ=

If you see "::" in userPassword this means that hash/password is ecrypted in base64 before listing in ldif. This rule apply for other attributes aswell. Usually it's used when attribute have some non-ascii chars. Usually you don't need to worry about it because most apps can handle this.

I wrote it by hand soo there may be some errors. The "-" signs are important, They mean that operation on this entry are not finished and they provide something like transactions in databases - I noticed this myself. All operations on entry must be correct or none will be applied.

Greg.

send from htc desire z

the theme of this script is , i need to modify uid , password, loginshell

example

ldapsearch -xZZ -D ┬*"cn=Directory Manager" -w 'testtest' -b

"dc=fosiul,dc=lan" "(cn=Fosiul Alam)" loginshell uid userPassword

# extended LDIF

#

# LDAPv3

# base <dc=fosiul,dc=lan> with scope subtree

# filter: (cn=Fosiul Alam)

# requesting: loginshell uid userPassword

#

# falam, users, UK, fosiul.lan

dn: uid=falam,ou=users,l=UK,dc=fosiul,dc=lan

loginshell: /bin/bash

uid: falam

userPassword:: e1NTSEF9MkpYSGI2bSs3OFk5SlcySG1kOVcxdjFVUFVHMVA3eX I0dFQvZ2c9PQ=

┬*=

Old 08-14-2012, 01:18 PM
Rich Megginson

dn: uid=jsmith,ou=users,l=uk,dc=fosiul,dc=lan

changetype: modrdn

newrrdn: uid=new_uid_value

deleteoldrdn: 1

-

changetype: modify

replace: loginshell

loginshell: /bin/nologin

-

modify: userPassword

userPassword: asfasfasfasfasfasfasfdPQ=

note - there should be no blank lines above - it appears as though
the first "-" is preceded by a blank line - there should be no blank
lines

Also - userPassword should be in clear text - do not send pre-hashed
passwords to the directory server.

For more information about ldif - man ldif

Old 08-14-2012, 02:11 PM
Fosiul Alam

Hi
thanks for great help

Everything works from script point of view

Just a quick question

How will i just get All uidNumber (userid) ??

which commands will show me all uidNumber ??

thanks

Regards
Fosiul Alam
07877100621
http://www.fosiul.co.uk

Old 08-14-2012, 02:48 PM
Matthew Schmitt

ldapsearch -xZZ -D "cn=Directory Manager" -w 'testtest' -b
"dc=fosiul,dc=lan" "(cn=Fosiul Alam)" uidNumber

The last field in the above example is for the attributes you want
returned in your search. Just like the example below where you are
searching for uid, password and login shell, you simply change the
attributes you wish retrieve.
Regards,

Matthew Schmitt
mschmitt@sugarsync.com