Old 08-13-2012, 10:52 AM
Fosiul Alam

Default ldapsearch getting wrong base

Hi thanks

But

dapsearch -xZZ -D "cn=Directory Manager" -w 'testtest' -b "l=uk"
"uniqueMember=uid=falam,ou=users,l=uk,dc=fosiul,dc =lan"

it does not return anything

you meant to put

dapsearch -xZZ -D "cn=Directory Manager" -w 'testtest' -b "
l=uk,dc=fosiul,dc=lan""
"uniqueMember=uid=falam,ou=users,l=uk,dc=fosiul,dc =lan"

?? still it does not return anything

also what you meant by to change value in ldap.conf ??

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 11:29 AM, Juan Asensio Sßnchez <okelet@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yo should use parameter "-b" in ldapsearch:
>
> ldapsearch -xZZ -D "cn=Directory Manager" -w 'testtest' -b "l=uk"
> "uniqueMember=uid=falam,ou=users,l=uk,dc=fosiul,dc =lan"
>
> Or change the default values in ldap.conf.
>
> Regards.
>
> 2012/8/13 Fosiul Alam <fosiul@gmail.com>:
>> Hi Bellow search should return some result ( and its working on my test lab)
>> but in production server .. i believe its getting the wrong base :
>>
>> # # base <dc=uk,dc=fosiul,dc=lan> (default) with scope subtree
>>
>> it should be l=uk.
>> bellow is the search :
>>
>> ldapsearch -xZZ -D "cn=Directory Manager" -w 'testtest'
>> "uniqueMember=uid=falam,ou=users,l=uk,dc=fosiul,dc =lan"
>> # extended LDIF
>> #
>> # LDAPv3
>> # # base <dc=uk,dc=fosiul,dc=lan> (default) with scope subtree
>> # filter: uniqueMember=uid=falam,ou=users,l=uk,dc=fosiul,dc= lan
>> # requesting: ALL
>> #
>> # search result
>> search: 3
>> result: 32 No such object
>> matchedDN: dc=fosiul,dc=lan
>>
>> # numResponses: 1
>>

>> can any one please tel me how to fix query ?? i am stuck now ..
>> Thanks
>> --

Regards
Fosiul Alam
07877100621
http://www.fosiul.co.uk

Old 08-13-2012, 10:55 AM
Grzegorz Dwornicki

Hi

He ment BASE directive in /etc/openldap/ldap.conf

Greg.

Send from htc desire z

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 11:29 AM, Juan Asensio Sánchez <okelet@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yo should use parameter "-b" in ldapsearch:

> ldapsearch -xZZ -D "cn=Directory Manager" -w 'testtest' -b "l=uk"

> "uniqueMember=uid=falam,ou=users,l=uk,dc=fosiul,dc =lan"

> Or change the default values in ldap.conf.

> Regards.

> 2012/8/13 Fosiul Alam <fosiul@gmail.com>:

>> Hi Bellow search should return some result ( and its working on my test lab)

>> but in production server .. i believe its getting the wrong base :

>> # # base <dc=uk,dc=fosiul,dc=lan> (default) with scope subtree

>> it should be l=uk.

>> bellow is the search :

>> ldapsearch -xZZ -D "cn=Directory Manager" -w 'testtest'

>> "uniqueMember=uid=falam,ou=users,l=uk,dc=fosiul,dc =lan"

>> # extended LDIF

>> #

>> # LDAPv3

>> # # base <dc=uk,dc=fosiul,dc=lan> (default) with scope subtree

>> # filter: uniqueMember=uid=falam,ou=users,l=uk,dc=fosiul,dc= lan

>> # requesting: ALL

>> #

>> # search result

>> search: 3

>> result: 32 No such object

>> matchedDN: dc=fosiul,dc=lan

>> # numResponses: 1

>> can any one please tel me how to fix query ?? i am ┬*stuck now ..

>> Thanks

>> --

Regards

Fosiul Alam

07877100621

http://www.fosiul.co.uk

Old 08-13-2012, 11:00 AM
Juan Asensio Sánchez

Hi

Yes, -b "l=uk,dc=fosiul,dc=lan" (in your message there are 2 double
quotes), or, as Grzegorz says, change the base in ldap.conf (the path
changes if you on Debian or Red hat based systems, but not sure).

Are you still getting the error, or just no entries are returned? If
the seconf case, then no entries match the filter.

Regards.

Old 08-13-2012, 11:16 AM
Fosiul Alam

i have chagned base to dc=fosiul,dc=lan

also this

ldapsearch -xZZ -D "Manager" -w 'test' -b "l=uk,dc=fosiul,dc=lan"
"memberUid=uid=falam,ou=users,l=uk,dc=fosiul,dc=la n"

# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# base <l=uk,dc=fosiul,dc=lan> with scope subtree
# filter: memberUid=uid=falam,ou=users,l=uk,dc=fosiul,dc=lan
# requesting: ALL
#

# search result
search: 3
result: 0 Success

# numResponses: 1

but its not giving anything ..
its works on my lab
but not in production

Regards
Fosiul Alam
07877100621
http://www.fosiul.co.uk

Old 08-13-2012, 11:26 AM
Grzegorz Dwornicki

Attribute memberuid require just account uid name doesn't it?

Btw. I am getting confused... In you test lab you use uniqemember and now memberuid? Can you explain?

Greg.

Send from htc desire z

ldapsearch -xZZ -D "Manager" -w 'test' -b "l=uk,dc=fosiul,dc=lan"

"memberUid=uid=falam,ou=users,l=uk,dc=fosiul,dc=la n"

# extended LDIF

#

# LDAPv3

# base <l=uk,dc=fosiul,dc=lan> with scope subtree

# filter: memberUid=uid=falam,ou=users,l=uk,dc=fosiul,dc=lan

# requesting: ALL

#

# search result

search: 3

result: 0 Success

# numResponses: 1

but its not giving anything ..

its works on my ┬*lab

but not in production

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 12:00 PM, Juan Asensio Sánchez <okelet@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi

> Yes, -b "l=uk,dc=fosiul,dc=lan" (in your message there are 2 double

> quotes), or, as Grzegorz says, change the base in ldap.conf (the path

> changes if you on Debian or Red hat based systems, but not sure).

> Are you still getting the error, or just no entries are returned? If

> the seconf case, then no entries match the filter.

> Regards.

> 2012/8/13 Grzegorz Dwornicki <gd1100@gmail.com>:

>> Hi

>> He ment BASE directive in /etc/openldap/ldap.conf

>> Greg.

>> Send from htc desire z

>> 13-08-2012 12:52, "Fosiul Alam" <fosiul@gmail.com> napisał(a):

>>> Hi thanks

>>> But

>>> dapsearch -xZZ -D "cn=Directory Manager" -w 'testtest' -b "l=uk"

>>> "uniqueMember=uid=falam,ou=users,l=uk,dc=fosiul,dc =lan"

>>> it does not return anything

>>> you meant to put

>>> dapsearch -xZZ -D "cn=Directory Manager" -w 'testtest' -b "

>>> l=uk,dc=fosiul,dc=lan""

>>> wrote:

>>> --

>>> Regards

>>> Fosiul Alam

>>> 07877100621

>>> http://www.fosiul.co.uk

>>> --

>> --

Regards

Fosiul Alam

07877100621

http://www.fosiul.co.uk

Old 08-13-2012, 11:27 AM
Fosiul Alam

Ok problem is

this works

ldapsearch -xZZ -D "cn=Manager" -w 'test'
"uniqueMember=uid=falam,ou=users,l=uk,dc=fosiul,dc =lan"

but bellow not work

ldapsearch -xZZ -D "cn=Manager" -w 'test'
"memberUid=uid=falam,ou=users,l=uk,dc=fosiul,dc=la n"

but there is user call falam under memberUid
but no idea why it does not return

any idea to troubleshoot ??

--
Regards
Fosiul Alam

Old 08-13-2012, 11:28 AM
Juan Asensio Sánchez

Well, it looks your filter is incorrect. It should be:

member=uid=falam,ou=users,l=uk,dc=fosiul,dc=lan
uniqueMember=uid=falam,ou=users,l=uk,dc=fosiul,dc= lan
memberUid=falam

as memberUid is designed to contain only the user uid, not the DN.

Old 08-13-2012, 11:38 AM
Fosiul Alam

Hi okelet
did you mean

ldapsearch -xZZ -D "cn=Manager" -w 'xxxxx'
"memberUid=falam,ou=users,l=uk,dc=fosiul,dc=la n"

??

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 12:28 PM, Juan Asensio Sánchez <okelet@gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, it looks your filter is incorrect. It should be:
>
> member=uid=falam,ou=users,l=uk,dc=fosiul,dc=lan
> uniqueMember=uid=falam,ou=users,l=uk,dc=fosiul,dc= lan
> memberUid=falam
>
> as memberUid is designed to contain only the user uid, not the DN.
>
> Regards.
>

> 2012/8/13 Fosiul Alam <fosiul@gmail.com>:
>> i have chagned base to dc=fosiul,dc=lan
>>
>> also this
>>

>> ldapsearch -xZZ -D "Manager" -w 'test' -b "l=uk,dc=fosiul,dc=lan"
>> "memberUid=uid=falam,ou=users,l=uk,dc=fosiul,dc=la n"
>>

>> # extended LDIF
>> #
>> # LDAPv3
>> # base <l=uk,dc=fosiul,dc=lan> with scope subtree
>> # filter: memberUid=uid=falam,ou=users,l=uk,dc=fosiul,dc=lan
>> # requesting: ALL
>> #
>>
>> # search result
>> search: 3
>> result: 0 Success
>>
>> # numResponses: 1
>>

>> but its not giving anything ..
>> its works on my lab
>> but not in production
>>

>> On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 12:00 PM, Juan Asensio Sánchez <okelet@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> Yes, -b "l=uk,dc=fosiul,dc=lan" (in your message there are 2 double
>>> quotes), or, as Grzegorz says, change the base in ldap.conf (the path
>>> changes if you on Debian or Red hat based systems, but not sure).
>>>
>>> Are you still getting the error, or just no entries are returned? If
>>> the seconf case, then no entries match the filter.
>>>
>>> Regards.

>> --
>> Regards
>> Fosiul Alam
>> 07877100621
>> http://www.fosiul.co.uk
>> --

Regards
Fosiul Alam
07877100621
http://www.fosiul.co.uk

Old 08-13-2012, 11:46 AM
Fosiul Alam

Sorry I know what you meant

my lab is different then the production

its only take meberUid=falam
thats it

--
Regards
Fosiul Alam

Old 08-13-2012, 11:52 AM
Grzegorz Dwornicki

Then your filter with membeuid=falan works as i should. On production your filter will be diferent.

Greg.

Send from htc desire z

> ldapsearch -xZZ -D "cn=Manager" -w 'xxxxx'

> "memberUid=falam,ou=users,l=uk,dc=fosiul,dc=la n"

> ??

> but it does not return anything

> On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 12:28 PM, Juan Asensio Sánchez <okelet@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Well, it looks your filter is incorrect. It should be:

>> member=uid=falam,ou=users,l=uk,dc=fosiul,dc=lan

>> uniqueMember=uid=falam,ou=users,l=uk,dc=fosiul,dc= lan

>> memberUid=falam

>> as memberUid is designed to contain only the user uid, not the DN.

>> Regards.

>> 2012/8/13 Fosiul Alam <fosiul@gmail.com>:

>>> i have chagned base to dc=fosiul,dc=lan

>>> also this

>>> ldapsearch -xZZ -D "Manager" -w 'test' -b "l=uk,dc=fosiul,dc=lan"

>>> "memberUid=uid=falam,ou=users,l=uk,dc=fosiul,dc=la n"

>>> # extended LDIF

>>> #

>>> # LDAPv3

>>> # base <l=uk,dc=fosiul,dc=lan> with scope subtree

>>> # filter: memberUid=uid=falam,ou=users,l=uk,dc=fosiul,dc=lan

>>> # requesting: ALL

>>> #

>>> # search result

>>> search: 3