Old 08-13-2012, 01:16 PM
Fosiul Alam

Default ldapsearch getting wrong base

Hi just a quick question

i have this in file

dn: cn=techops-uk,ou=groups,l=UK,dc=fosiul,dc=lan
uniqueMember: uid=salam,ou=users,l=UK,dc=fosiul,dc=lan
changetype: modify
delete: uniqueMember

when i try to execute this

ldapmodify -xZZ -a -D "cn=Directory Manager" -w 'testtest' -f instattr.tmp

adding new entry "cn=techops-uk,ou=groups,l=UK,dc=fosiul,dc=lan"
ldapmodify: Already exists (68)

why its trying to add rather then delete ??

Regards
Fosiul Alam
07877100621
http://www.fosiul.co.uk

Old 08-13-2012, 01:18 PM
Rob Crittenden

Fosiul Alam wrote:

Hi just a quick question

i have this in file

dn: cn=techops-uk,ou=groups,l=UK,dc=fosiul,dc=lan
uniqueMember: uid=salam,ou=users,l=UK,dc=fosiul,dc=lan
changetype: modify
delete: uniqueMember

when i try to execute this

ldapmodify -xZZ -a -D "cn=Directory Manager" -w 'testtest' -f instattr.tmp

adding new entry "cn=techops-uk,ou=groups,l=UK,dc=fosiul,dc=lan"
ldapmodify: Already exists (68)

why its trying to add rather then delete ??

Drop -a from your command-line.

-a Add new entries. The default for ldapmodify is to modify exist-
ing entries. If invoked as ldapadd, this flag is always set.

rob