Old 08-05-2012, 12:58 PM
Fosiul Alam

Default how to generate the userpassword

Hi
I am generating the ldif by script.
but i cant understand how will i generate the userpassword.

userPassword: {crypt}x

how this crypt or hash working

Please give me some lights on this.

Regards

Old 08-05-2012, 01:25 PM
Christopher Wood

Perhaps use slappasswd?

Old 08-05-2012, 01:34 PM
Fosiul Alam

HI
Thanks for reply
I am using Directory Server 389

and I am using a script to create the ldif file

So some how i will have to create userpassword ..

But dont understand .. whats the way to do that
From GUI interface i can create password easily
so whats the syntax to create userpassword ??

Regards

On Sun, Aug 5, 2012 at 2:25 PM, Christopher Wood
<christopher_wood@pobox.com> wrote:
> Perhaps use slappasswd?
>
> On Sun, Aug 05, 2012 at 01:58:33PM +0100, Fosiul Alam wrote:
>> Hi
>> I am generating the ldif by script.
>> but i cant understand how will i generate the userpassword.
>>
>> userPassword: {crypt}x
>>
>> how this crypt or hash working
>>
>> Please give me some lights on this.
>>

>> Regards