-   -   Sync additional Windows attributes (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-directory/689873-sync-additional-windows-attributes.html)

Chris Visser 08-02-2012 01:41 PM

Sync additional Windows attributes

Hi guys,

Thanks for the help previously with syncing OUs recursively from Windows.

Right now however I've hit another snag. I would like to sync the windows Attribute called msExchMailboxGuid to my 389-DS.

After doing some research I found that it's a single value, octect string and created a user defined attribute.

From my 99user.ldif file:
<SNIP>
attributeTypes: ( msExchMailboxGuid-oid NAME 'msExchMailboxGuid' SYNTAX 1.3.6
.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.40 SINGLE-VALUE X-ORIGIN 'user defined' )

I hoped that the same logic as with the OUs would apply, if it exists it'll be populated. Unfortunately this isn't true.

The documentation I read on docs.redhat.com shows me how Windows attributes are mapped locally, but not how to sync additional attributes.

Anywhere else to look? Tips?*

Chris Visser
Linux/Network Infrastructure*

Rich Megginson 08-02-2012 01:58 PM

Sync additional Windows attributes

Thanks for the help previously with syncing OUs recursively from Windows.

Right now however I've hit another snag. I would like to sync the windows Attribute called msExchMailboxGuid to my 389-DS.

After doing some research I found that it's a single value, octect string and created a user defined attribute.

From my 99user.ldif file:
<SNIP>
attributeTypes: ( msExchMailboxGuid-oid NAME 'msExchMailboxGuid' SYNTAX 1.3.6
.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.40 SINGLE-VALUE X-ORIGIN 'user defined' )

I hoped that the same logic as with the OUs would apply, if it exists it'll be populated. Unfortunately this isn't true.

The documentation I read on docs.redhat.com shows me how Windows attributes are mapped locally, but not how to sync additional attributes.

Anywhere else to look? Tips?
There is currently no way to sync additional attributes. Please file a
ticket at https://fedorahosted.org/389

Chris Visser 08-02-2012 02:12 PM

Sync additional Windows attributes

> The documentation I read on docs.redhat.com shows me how Windows attributes are mapped locally, but not how to sync additional attributes.
>
> Anywhere else to look? Tips?
There is currently no way to sync additional attributes. Please file a ticket at https://fedorahosted.org/389

No workarounds? I'd like to check if a user has an Exchange mailbox to help with mail routing.

Rich Megginson 08-02-2012 02:26 PM

Sync additional Windows attributes

The documentation I read on docs.redhat.com shows me how Windows attributes are mapped locally, but not how to sync additional attributes.

Anywhere else to look? Tips?

There is currently no way to sync additional attributes. Please file a ticket at https://fedorahosted.org/389

No workarounds?

Not in 389

I'd like to check if a user has an Exchange mailbox to help with mail routing.
I suppose you could write your own external script to grab that
attribute from AD and write it to 389.

Marco Pizzoli 08-02-2012 03:01 PM

Sync additional Windows attributes

No workarounds?

Not in 389

I'd like to check if a user has an Exchange mailbox to help with mail routing.

I suppose you could write your own external script to grab that attribute from AD and write it to 389.
Hi,Maybe you could be interested in having a look to this external engine:

http://lsc-project.org/wiki/

To be honest, I have not*yet*had time to try it out by myself, but on the paper it should do the trick.If yes, please share your experiences.
Marco