-   -   Error Starting LDAP service (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-directory/684329-error-starting-ldap-service.html)

"Binole, Bill" 07-16-2012 10:12 PM

Error Starting LDAP service

I am seeing the following error when starting the 389 LDAP server version 1.2.9.9.* The file is our dns schema which has been in use for some time.* It is successfully read in version 1.2.2.* I have seen a bug report around this issue but
it was many years old and fixed.* Since the file works on a previous version was this problem reintroduced?*

*

The entry cn=schema in file /etc/dirsrv/slapd-fnhubice03/schema/72DNSZone-Schema.ldif is invalid, error code 21 (Invalid syntax) - object class dNSZone: Unknown allowed attribute type "ARecord"

*

Regards,

Bill

*

*

Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this electronic transmission is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended only for the addressee(s) named above. If you are not an intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the information contained in this transmission is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify us by telephone (513) 229-5500 or by email (postmaster@MedPlus.com). After replying, please erase it from your computer system.

Rich Megginson 07-16-2012 10:33 PM

Error Starting LDAP service

starting the 389 LDAP server version 1.2.9.9.* The file is our
dns schema which has been in use for some time.* It is
successfully read in version 1.2.2.* I have seen a bug report
around this issue but it was many years old and fixed.

What was the bug number?

Since the file works on a previous version
was this problem reintroduced?

What was the bug number?

*

The entry cn=schema in file
/etc/dirsrv/slapd-fnhubice03/schema/72DNSZone-Schema.ldif is
invalid, error code 21 (Invalid syntax) - object class
dNSZone: Unknown allowed attribute type "ARecord"

We got rid of the old pilot schema quite some time ago.* I notice
that the information at http://port389.org/wiki/Howto:BIND has no
mention of aRecord or DNSRecord.

I suppose in the meantime you could just copy/paste the definition
of arecord from the old 28pilot.ldif file at
http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=389/ds.git;a=blob_plain;f=ldap/schema/28pilot.ldif;hb=30e3822919e20cb13dfc5dabc50e7c1fe5 e21d40

copy/paste this somewhere near the beginning of your attributeTypes:
section in your 72DNSZone-Schema.ldif

attributeTypes: ( 0.9.2342.19200300.100.1.26 NAME ( 'ARecord'
'DNSRecord' ) DESC 'Pilot attribute type' SYNTAX
1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.26 X-ORIGIN 'Internet directory pilot' )

*

Regards,

Bill

*