-   -   Syncing multiple OUs (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-directory/681607-syncing-multiple-ous.html)

Chris Visser 07-09-2012 01:48 PM

Syncing multiple OUs

Hi,

I've got 389-ds configured and I'm busy setting up my sync agreement with my Windows AD server.

My AD has nested OUs e.g.
-DivisionOU1
--BranchOU
---Department1OU
---Department2OU
--Branch2OU
---Department1OU
---Department2OU

All my users and groups sit in the Department OUs and if I setup my agreement to sync on the Department OU it syncs the users in OU.

If I however point it higher up in the hierarchy it doesn't go down the levels and sync the OUs below it.

Do I need to setup a separate agreement for each OU? Or is there a way I can sync the whole DivisionOU recursively?

I tried searching on the internet for the answer, but all I come across are other people asking the same question and receiving no answer.
*

Chris Visser
Linux/Network Infrastructure*

Rich Megginson 07-09-2012 02:17 PM

Syncing multiple OUs

[...]

It should just work to sync at the Division level. Note that winsync
will _not_ create the intermediate OU entries on the 389 side - they
must already exist. What errors are you getting in your errors log?

Matthew Schmitt 07-09-2012 02:27 PM

Syncing multiple OUs

You must have all the OU's already created on the 389 side, then the sync agreement will populate them recursively.

Matthew Schmitt

Sent from my iPad